Author Topic: SBI  (Read 4912 times)

Offline bigeye

• IceShanty Rookie
SBI
« on: Dec 23, 2010, 06:10 PM »
  Any reports on the ice on the north shore, low winds and low temps have got my hopes up for an early season.  Have been looking at Modis imagery but it has been a little cloudy to get a good view.  Local lakes have a fair amount of ice to fish but nothing compares to the big lake.  Merry Christmas to all ;D

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: SBI
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:00 AM »
Hey I have heard a few of the locals on SBI  getting out here and there ? But really no ones talking about it ! Still way to early ?

Offline Duuber

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Live to Fish; Fish to Live
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2010, 08:30 AM »
Read a report on another site this morning indicating there is 7 inches at SBI but the water is muddy and no one is getting anything.

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2010, 09:01 PM »
  Any reports on the ice on the north shore, low winds and low temps have got my hopes up for an early season.  Have been looking at Modis imagery but it has been a little cloudy to get a good view.  Local lakes have a fair amount of ice to fish but nothing compares to the big lake.  Merry Christmas to all ;D
i've been thinking along the same lines,it,s gettin close. the report of muddy water makes sense with those big winds before it calmed down.hope these temps hang around!!

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2010, 10:29 AM »
I am planning on fishing in the PIB harbor for pearch this weekend.  We got a new quad and are anxious to try it out, but we will walk out with a portable shanty this weekend.  That will have to wait for thicker ice.

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:35 PM »
I flew to Put-in-Bay this afternoon and saw 21 shanties at East Harbor, 7 between PIB and Rattlesnake and 8 on the north side of Rattlesnake.  The ramp on the west shore looks usable (from 1000 feet up) and the ice looks pretty smooth.  There is open water at the east end of PIB.  We saw no shanties out of West Catawba and a few at the Edison bridge.  

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2010, 09:12 AM »
More pics from my flight to PIB yesterday.

Offline td31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Awesome pics, Forkzilla! They are a huge help and are making me very anxious for the big water. Dont get me wrong, i love bangin the gills and papermouths, but i am cravin some toothy walters! Keep em comin, Fork!

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Thanks TD,  if you look at the pics with the monument, you can see an ice boat and some people skating, to the left of the reflection on the ice.

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Here is a pic of my boys in my heated fish cleaning shack, last year with our catch.  Tons of fun!

Offline Skimmerhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2010, 03:47 PM »
Nice fish Forkzilla , Hoping to get up there this weekend & check the clarity of the water & see if they are fishing or catching . I'll let you know . Who is the older good looking guy .

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2010, 04:49 PM »
He's a guy who was one year behind me in school, that got picked on all the time by the older kids because he is such a loser.  He is very slow witted but can be funny at times, and  lives alone out in the middle of nowhere.  PM me and I'll tell you of some of his escapades, mostly with very fat women.

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2010, 09:52 PM »
your killin' me!! nice fish,great photos. making the call tomorrow!!

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:38 PM »
Just got back from PIB at 4pm.  Flew up to bring some buddies back who were fishing over the weekend.  No eyes, 8 pearch.  There was still one shanty off the SBI state park and 2 on East Harbor.  LOTS of open water but it looks good for freezing this week.  My buddy said he had  a tough time getting around on the ice.  Lots of cake ice.  I saw the older good looking guy with the fish in the picture above today.  He was trying to catch a peacock to take home with him.  What a weirdo!

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:28 AM »
Here is an old picture of the older, good looking guy when he got warm and needed to cool down!

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2011, 03:38 PM »
Headed to PIB friday morning.  Some buddies have been having some luck off the state park.

Offline growcorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 07, 2011, 03:47 PM »
I just got off the phone with forkzilla and skimmerhead.  They are west of South Bass toward Green and the bite is kind of slow.  2 nice eyes so far today.

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 15, 2011, 06:58 AM »
Planning on fishing off the state park mon.Any reports would be great.Wondering how the ice is?Thanks in advance.

Offline p.c.icenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Planning on fishing off the state park mon.Any reports would be great.Wondering how the ice is?Thanks in advance.
I'd say think again . The ice is only 4" thick, if there's any left after THIS blow .

Offline growcorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 27, 2011, 08:12 AM »
Any recent flyover pics forkzilla?

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 06, 2011, 01:45 PM »
No new pics.  My plane is still snowed in.  A friend has my shanty south of Rattlesnake and caught nothing saturday but limited today by noon.  He said it was TOUGH getting out to it, but the fishing was good.  5 & 6 pounders.  No monsters but good eaters.

Offline bigeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2011, 10:33 AM »
  Was wanting to come over next week or weekend anybody fishin?  Figured its a mess out there but with a couple of cold nights it might help, last week of Feb. and first couple  weeks in March have always been good to me on the ice would like to get out at least one more time hope I am not being to optimistic ;D

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Was out thurs.(off state park),couldn't find any fish.Marked maybe 7 fish all day.Its been real slow over there lately from what I've been hearing.Ice was still good besides some water on top.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.