The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: night fishing!  (Read 1973 times)

Offline shirefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
night fishing!
« on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:28 AM »
I've yet to see these guys stirring while I was actually fishing but have seen their tracks while setting up for night walleye fishing... I like to multi task and sometimes get bored just jiggin so what about bringing a predator call and trying for yotes while night fishin (lakers,walleye,burbot whatever bites), am I crazy or are their any good places you could think of to try this?

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: night fishing!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:31 AM »
I used to rent shanties for smelt on champlain. The guy that drove us out to the shanties had a rifle in his truck for coyotes, one time telling us he already got 4 that year right on the ice during the day.

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Out by the Lamoille river is a great spot to shoot these guys and get a night bite. Everytime I'm out there i either see them on the ice at night with my spotlight, or they are just inside the woods howling for hours. Ive had them run up my tip-up line while I'm in a camper 50 yards away just after i set up, Ive had them run by the camper at first light on there way back to shore from the islands, and Ive even chased a few with my car just before dark. They are infested over there! and nobody hunts them.

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:43 AM »
They come out around the Missisqoi also. Have at it ++.

Offline northernfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2010, 03:55 PM »
around the state park on carmi is also a good spot, I almost always carry a rifle while I am fishing, never want to miss an opportunity at a Coyote

Offline iceman55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2010, 04:07 AM »
 I'd hate to be the guy fishing on the other side of the lake while your lobbing bullets all over the place lmao!!!!

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2010, 04:22 AM »
Just wear your artic armor

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2010, 04:37 AM »
Here in SD we cannot spot light at night but I can still call at night and my favorite place is on the ice. 
Getem caught

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2010, 10:17 AM »

Offline mikefishon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2010, 10:50 AM »
ct river setbacks we see them a lot never think to bring a gun when we leave the house

Offline icefish0669

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2010, 12:31 PM »
Out by the Lamoille river is a great spot to shoot these guys and get a night bite. Everytime I'm out there i either see them on the ice at night with my spotlight, or they are just inside the woods howling for hours. Ive had them run up my tip-up line while I'm in a camper 50 yards away just after i set up, Ive had them run by the camper at first light on there way back to shore from the islands, and Ive even chased a few with my car just before dark. They are infested over there! and nobody hunts them.

where abouts on the lamoille, what town?

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Milton/ the sand bar

Offline duckdownr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:24 PM »
Fishstalker,

Do you fish on the north side of sand bar at night? If so how is the bite at night? I have always wanted to night fish,......

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Fishstalker,

Do you fish on the north side of sand bar at night? If so how is the bite at night? I have always wanted to night fish,......

It can be good but if you've never fished at night for them on the ice, ill warn you now its ALLOT of work and preparation

Offline shirefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:57 PM »
It can be good but if you've never fished at night for them on the ice, ill warn you now its ALLOT of work and preparation....

Ya think I don't think it's that much more planning than day ice fishing but to me is pretty addictive  but you can get some surprises at night... (lost gear, strange fish, maybe some loss of direction if your not good at navigation especially in bad weather.)

Offline duckdownr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:08 AM »
Thanks for the insight gents! :tipup:

Tight lines!

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:21 AM »
I'd hate to be the guy fishing on the other side of the lake while your lobbing bullets all over the place lmao!!!!
NO SH@T ! HUH !   lol :woot:
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:25 AM »
ct river setbacks we see them a lot never think to bring a gun when we leave the house
Yes we do ! Great pistol targets !
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline SBEIIVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2010, 05:58 PM »
I've yet to see these guys stirring while I was actually fishing but have seen their tracks while setting up for night walleye fishing... I like to multi task and sometimes get bored just jiggin so what about bringing a predator call and trying for yotes while night fishin (lakers,walleye,burbot whatever bites), am I crazy or are their any good places you could think of to try this?

Hey Shirefisher,  I don't know if you are crazy or not but I did hear you are afraid to go out and hunt these things by yourself.  And I thought you were a tough guy all this time!!!

Offline shirefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 29, 2010, 06:00 PM »
I seem to remember you stating the same thing... 4 eyes better than 2!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.