Author Topic: Zeden Lake  (Read 1531 times)

Offline fuzzy39

• IceShanty Rookie
Zeden Lake
« on: Dec 21, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Went up to Zeden Lake on Saturday. Myself and 2 other guys went. Super slow day. Only landed 6 perch. I had been there in late September and nailed tons perch with the fly rod. We started at the same spot... nothing. Tried out my new flasher though (Humminbird Ice 35) which was amazing. I likely would have caught nothing if not for the flasher. Anyway, I hope lots of you guys get up there and kill some perch as they don't belong in that lake. With the current perch population, all the fish (perch and trout) seem to be stunted. It is such a beautiful lake and such a disgrace that there are perch in it. That lake should have no limit on perch. Just a thought.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
Re: Zeden Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2010, 07:15 PM »
ah...Zeden..the memories come flooding back to me now....of 10lb rainbows back in the 70s ;D

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2010, 02:09 PM »
how big were the perch?
did you try anywhere else up there?

Offline nesaskfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:38 PM »
Has anyone fished Zeden since Christmas?  I was thinking of taking my kids up there this weekend and try for some perch.  Any tips on where to fish on the lake? How about any other lakes around there for Pirch or Walley?

Offline nesaskfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Has anyone fished Zeden since Christmas?  I was thinking of taking my kids up there this weekend and try for some perch.  Any tips on where to fish on the lake? How about any other lakes around there for Pirch or Walley?

Offline SaskWatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:47 PM »
I never fished there in the winter, but this fall i caught them right off the dock. I think we caught thirty of them in a couple hours. Hook would barely hit the water and the bobber was going under. They are really small though. Almost too small to keep and they have a parasite called black spot. You can still eat them, we did, but some are covered in black dots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.