Author Topic: Wollaston Lake  (Read 3619 times)

Offline BlindIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wollaston Lake
« on: Dec 21, 2010, 05:42 PM »
Anyone know where to go on this lake and ice fish? A few of us went out today after work in the afternoon. Didn't find anything or much luck on wollaston. We are up by the barge and the lodge up here. Also went to a lake on the road to cigar lake mine. about 25kms into it and fished a lake to the east of the road. Had a few bites there and managed to land one pike. Any suggestions that is reasonable easy access too and not too much time to get there as I will probally only have short amounts of time to ice fish.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Wollaston Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2010, 02:08 PM »
used to guide up there... there are fish eberywhere... pick a bay and get out from it a bit or off any point the fish will come to you.

Offline tipupfrenzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2010, 04:19 PM »
this summer there were guys out fishing just like 500 yds north of barge landing.
Fishing is a tough job, but im willing to Tackle it!

Offline Natwild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2010, 10:52 PM »
U at rabbit, maclean or cigar lk mine?

Offline BlindIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:50 AM »
not at any mine. Just working on a sub station south of rabbit lake mine. Going to be staying at wollaston lake lodge in the new year.

Offline Natwild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Talk to chinny at wollaston lake lodge. he's the winter worker there. he"ll help direct u somewhere good.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2010, 10:03 PM »
yes he will
just at reg number i think

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2010, 10:05 PM »
If your staying at the lodge I would try the mouth of Horseshoe Creek. It is about 1km East of the lodge, just follow the North shoreline. I have never ice fished there but there are lots of big pike there in the summer. There is a shallow flat that extends out into the lake fairly far. There also has to be some walleye around there somewhere as most of them would likely leave the Umpherville R in search of a winter resting ground (no one likes current in the winter).

Word is that guys are driving across from the post to barge landing (there was between 16 and 22" of ice at a few places that I checked on hidden bay on Dec 1 so there should be lots now). You could drive on there and access the whole lake. Just be cautious of creeks and what not.

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Bringing this one back from the dead, did you ever have any luck on Wollaston? Thinking about giving it a try here now that the weather is nicer.

Offline BlindIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2011, 12:52 AM »
Bringing this one back from the dead, did you ever have any luck on Wollaston? Thinking about giving it a try here now that the weather is nicer.
Nope never did. The weather was nasty most of the time we were up there. never got a break nice enough and timed with work to get out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.