Author Topic: Wynyard res  (Read 606 times)

Offline frabillfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Wynyard res
« on: Dec 21, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Are there fish in wynyard res for ice fishing or fly fishing in open water?
Can you ice fish on it?

Offline ochocenko

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wynyard res
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:40 PM »
http://www.saskfishinglakes.ca/cgi-bin/pub/display_waterbody.cgi?waterbody_id=343

i would say there is fish in there, but i have never fished it.

Offline fishinwilly4g63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2010, 07:06 PM »
Be careful as I believe wynyard res is aerated so there may be thin ice in some areas

I've only ever fished it in open water season years ago and I did well for rainbows, talked to some other guys from around the area as wynyard is my home town, people have caught browns and brooks there in the past
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2010, 01:51 AM »
I knew a fellow fisherman from that area who use to fish for the trout when the water was still cool in the spring and when it started to cool again in the fall.

It seemed that he said that the fish were harder to catch in the summer and that they were a bit muddy.

He also fished more towards evening or early morning, but the bugs are usually bad in that area so bring your spray.

He mostly caught rainbows in the 1 lb range but there are alot bigger ones in there plus and odd brookie and brown to be caught.

I am not compleatly sure, but I think they may close the park gate for the season, plus like fishinwilly said they do aerate it in the winter.

Might be a good idea to phone the Wynyard regional park or the town office and see if you can get any other info on it.

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.