The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Big Cedar in Washington county  (Read 1033 times)

Offline augerlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
Big Cedar in Washington county
« on: Dec 15, 2010, 01:13 PM »
I've never fished it. Was just wondering where to get on and how the ice is. thanks guys

Offline mguchi

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Big Cedar in Washington county
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Take 144 and then head east on Gonring Dr - the public launch is at the end of the street.  Local homeowners/lake patrol were pretty nazi-like last year on the ice so watch your speed.  Watch for open water, too....a few springs on the lake.

Offline perchhound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2010, 08:27 AM »
Lake is very hard to fish unless you're just looking for lots of fun for the kids. Been working at it for 9 yrs and still barely know this lake even after close to 1000 hrs fishing it.  Very long and deep. Fish are always changing, not a real set pattern.  I mainly target perch and you can see 10+ down every hole I drill but finding those that are 10" and up is the problem. Just so many little perch 8" and under. Great for kids but they are bait thieves.  Be very careful as there are springs in this lake. The north basin freezes first, that's from the narrows heading north. South end as of yesterday still has open water in spots.  Been getting a few big perch 10-14" every day for the last week but you have to work for them.  You can't come out and sit in one spot you have to be on the move a lot until you find the bigger ones.  Lake patrol isn't that bad if you follow the rules.  Just don't speed or horse play.  Launch is rough right now, big heave.  Fisheree is set for Jan 8.

Offline augerlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2010, 11:51 AM »
thanks for the info fellas. if either of you'd like drop some lines together just let me know. again, thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.