Author Topic: Iceshanty Included as One of 1,000 Best Web Sites in Book  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
Iceshanty.com got some ink in a book titled, "Fishing Online: 1,000 Best Web Sites" by Craig Buddo (who is also and IS and MFF member).  The book is published bgy Stoeger Publishing Co.  Craig states that MFF was too new of a web site to make his first edition, but the next addition should include that.  We appear on page 159 stating that we are one of the most popular ice-fishing forums on the web.  Personally, I'd venture to say that we are one of the most popular fishing forums on the web with soon to be 10,000 members.  Maybe Craig will mention that on the next addition.  Still, it's nice to see us in ink.  In addition, on the following page, there is an image of the Iceshanty.com home page, a very nice touch.

The Book

My review finds Craig's book not only interesting but useful.  With it, you can find virtually anything related to fishing that is on the web today much faster than scrolling through pages and pages of google searches.  It's organized into easy to find sections, with a nice easy to use table of contents.  Chapter 1provides info on how to find fishing resources on the net.  Chapter 2 lists web site resources state by state.  Chapter 3 lists web site resources for general information, like weather, tides, state fish and wildlife departments, etc.  Chapter 4 deals with general fishing sites by types of fishing, like ice-fishing :D, bass fishing, etc. and that is one place where we appear.  Chapter 5 lists different web media sources, like television, magazines and newspapers.  Chapter 6 is about different fishing groups, like for sites designed for women, kids, people with disabilities, etc.  Chapter 7 containes all the sites you need to know about tackle and boats.  And lastly, Chapter 8 deals with international fishing by country and also lists fishing travel info.  There are three appendices and an index.  Appendix I lists the top rated sites.  Appendix II lists the better forums.  And Appendix III lists all the URLs in this book by the various categories in the book.  Iceshanty is listed in the better forums section.

Overall, I'd say that this book is well worth the money for anyone that surfs the net for fishing web sites, whether it be for shopping, information, or just plain fun.  Well done Craig.

Now, what about next time Craig?  Can we expect to see Iceshanty listed in Appendix one?  And how about a little more write up for us?  Would you be interested in one of us giving you a blurb on IS and MFF?  Thanks again for acknowledging us Craig and for putting our home page pic on there, that adds a nice touch.

This book should be available on Amazon.com.  Here's an image of the cover:

Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Iceshanty Included as One of 1,000 Best Web Sites in Book
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2004, 10:50 AM »
That is definately a true testament to the vast amount of information and knowledge this site holds in it's members  ;D

For two years now I have been scouring these forums for info. on ice fishing, safety, equipment, etc etc etc... as I just got into the hardwater sport.  I feel in the last two years I have considerably increased my knowledge because of the people on this site!  The sad part is - all of that knowledge has came from reading and NOT fishing..  :wacko:

Cheers to see the site made it in the book!  And a quick THANKS to all the members for the good info. they post  ;D

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2004, 11:09 AM »
its a simple formula really, i see a question ill do my best to answer it. often times it requires a little research , i have learned as much answering questions as i have asking them. iceshanty.com has changed the way i fish ,as a  matter of fact ,ive learned a lot about my computer too :D 

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2004, 11:13 AM »
Yeah, good points.  I meant to say also but forgot in my original post that thanks and congrats should go to Scott for putting together this site for our use and thanks to all the members who also contributed.  It was both the efforts and all of you that make this site one of the best fishing forums on the internet! :clap: :thumbsup:
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2004, 11:46 AM »
awsome gys thanks for the site and congrats to all those who make it work really a pleasure to be able to exchange knowladge and stories with such great guys :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow:

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2004, 12:22 PM »
I think i spend more time in the the shanty then anywhere on the web ... keep up the good work gentleman  :clap: :thumbsup: :woot:
Git - R - Done !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.