Author Topic: Boots  (Read 1073 times)

Offline 5 X Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boots
« on: Dec 12, 2010, 05:22 PM »
Has anyone here in Manitoba tried the Baffin Titan Rubber boots?  They are rated for -100 celcius / -148 farenheit.  I was thinking they would be good for ice fishing.  Good temperature rating and rubber (therefore water proof).
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Offline Shack Man

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Boots
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2010, 06:50 PM »
I have a pair of Baffins, best boot I've owned by far and I've tried many. Warmer than my Sorel Glaciers!!
   FISHING IS LIKE SEX, WHEN IT'S GOOD IT'S REAL GOOD AND WHEN IT'S BAD IT'S STILL GOOD......

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2010, 07:09 PM »
I have a pair of Baffins, best boot I've owned by far and I've tried many. Warmer than my Sorel Glaciers!!
Do you own the titan rubber boots?
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Offline jigisup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2010, 07:50 PM »
Aren't your insoles wet by the end of the day. And if your out overnight in a tent won't you be screwed the next day.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2010, 07:55 PM »
I have the baffins  they never get wet . Wear wool socks that wick the moisture away if you happen to sweat too much.
I also keep a second pair of Wind River minus 100's that are similar if not quite as warm as the Baffins.
I like to alternate these boots if i am going out day after day.
  I had a pair of Sorels years ago and they were great until the rubber got holes in em and after only 15 years of ice fishing.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Lewy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2010, 08:09 PM »
You have the right idea - these Baffin boots are by far the best boot for ice fishing.  Stand all day in the slush and keep your feet warm and dry.  Take your liners out at night and dry them out and you are good for the next day.  The best $100 you will spend.

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Has anyone here in Manitoba tried the Baffin Titan Rubber boots?  They are rated for -100 celcius / -148 farenheit.  I was thinking they would be good for ice fishing.  Good temperature rating and rubber (therefore water proof).

I have a pair of these all rubber Baffin's and I usually bring them out late in the season as the slush builds up on the Lake.  The are very warm but obviously don't breathe well so for long outings wear socks (or 2 pairs) which wick moisture really well.  If your feet sweat a lot or it's warmish out consider putting absorbent material under the insert (shop absorball towels work great!!).  The reason I don't bring them out until late in the season is I find them cumbersome b/c they don't flex at the ankles well, they are a bit heavier and the breathing thing.

For the vast majority of the year I rely on my Glaciers with nylon upper (Baffin's with nylon uppers are great too).  The rubber lower is enough to keep me dry for the vast majority of the season and a little water repellent spray on the upper will keep blowout from freshly
augered holes where it belongs.

IMPO the all rubbers are a great secondary pair of boots in an ice-fisherman's arsenal.  And if you frequent lakes which are slushy year round (Whitemouth FI) then they may be your go to.

Hope this helps a little,

Svengalli 

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2010, 12:10 AM »
Thanks for the input.  I think I am going to spray my Sorels so they don't get wet.  On extremly cold days I just use the Toasty toes foot warmers.  I like them because they are adhesive and don't get to hot.  They are great for my kids as well!  I also bought some boots from Cabelas.  The Cabela's Inferno 2000 Pac Boot.  I'll give them a try this winter.
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.