Author Topic: walleye fishing  (Read 594 times)

Offline powderburns

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
walleye fishing
« on: Dec 12, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Not new to the board but new to BC and am wondering how far north or east of LML do I have to go to catch walleye?

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Re: walleye fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2010, 05:31 PM »
Go east young man  ;)  ;D
I'm just visiting today....keeping an eye on you so the Mod can keep an eye on other things  ;)
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:05 AM »
Welcome to the BC board Pburns. Boy you must be going thru withdrawls if you like ice....Surrey is what we call lotus land for a good reason. We here in north central BC (Prince George) have to go north about 5 hours to hit walleye. Not sure but you might be better to head south of the border or I know my buddy in Calgary catches lots around there. Give Freds Custom Tackle (I think there in Abbotsford) a call and they may have precise info. Good luck.

Thanks Blue....I heard this guy was trouble :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Joking...any friend of Blues has to be a decent guy. If your ever up north, shoot me a PM and we can connect on the water.

Offline powderburns

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I havn't been that far north yet, was up to Quesnel last year for the torch run. Was up to Williams lake/ Likely hunting for mulie's and that yellow stuff.

Offline FineLine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2010, 05:00 PM »
Your looking at about a 8 hour trip north of Williams lake. I would suggest going south or east. It should make for a shorter trip. Or you could just get addicted to steelhead fishing to replace the walleye craving. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.