Author Topic: X67C settings help  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Drahtfowler

• IceShanty Rookie
X67C settings help
« on: Dec 09, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Well I am getting ready for the first time out on the ice with my X67C.  What is the best settings for use in less than 30 fow?.  I will be mainly targeting gills, crappie & eyes.  I bought this in March and am excited to see how big of a difference it will make.  Thanks for the help.

Offline Zern

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: X67C settings help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2010, 05:16 PM »
Hi ya Draht

In graph mode, that is what I have mine in, I would set the upper limt to about 5 feet. lower at 30. You will see 25 feet of the water column. Using the upper and lower limits will allow you to target any where ya want in the colum.

Now, drop your lure down to where ya want it. play with the sensitivty till you can just see your lure moving. make sure you have graph and ping speed at max.

that is a great place to start with your X67. check out your zooms, you have 2x and 4x. I was in 15 fow and was able to zoom into 18 inches of the column and see several fish. I love all the features that they come with. play with them all.

have fun and good luck!
Mark
"Not One Step Back!"- General Leopold
May Your Blades Never Dull!

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2010, 05:39 PM »
also turn off the auto depth setting, some people have problems with the depth going screwy after a few minutes.

Also I set my bottom depth 1-2 feet deeper than the actual depth, find it gives a more definative bottom especially when mucky or weedy.

here are acouple of links to other sites that have helped me.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326109&highlight=settings

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320834&highlight=settings

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317462&highlight=settings

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315214&highlight=settings

read and listen to what IH772 says (He is a member here I think that the same name) he knows his stuff.

should give you a good start.

J-

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2010, 05:44 PM »
I run one to mostly 20-45' eyes and perch you will pick bottom huggers because of it being color ,sonar features surface on high ,noise rejection high ,white back ground fish symbol off i run my color at about 80-84%, transparency, at 77%, contrast at 70%, but that is just me you'll play with it till it suits you ,i set my own depths to

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2010, 11:51 PM »
Put it in chart mode. Set the upper limit to 3' the low to a couple feet deeper than the bottom. Ping speed 100%, chart speed 100%, turn off fish id, auto depth. Turn on chart manual mode. Also try split screen zoom in 2X or 4X and use the up/down arrows to scroll up to your jig. now you can watch the entire water column and also be zoomed into where ever your jig is. this lets you water for suspended fish and lets you scroll up to that depth and zoom in on it.

Offline BigDVO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2011, 08:52 AM »
I just received my x67c and am excited to try it. I will be fishing for eyes and perch in about 8 - 12 feet of water. Is there any settings that I should change automatically that will save me some time out in the field? I have seen the youtube videos and would like to use the chart mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Offline gotcrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Where is the noise reduction located in the menu?  I haven't been able to find it. 

Offline doug1460

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Under the Sonar Features

Offline snuffcan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2011, 09:17 PM »
 sonar features  is on the menu in graph mode, not there in flasher mode.

Offline gotcrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2011, 08:42 AM »
Thanks, I was in flasher mode and couldn't find it.  When in graph mode I have alot of clutter compared to screen shots I've seen on tube.  Is there any settings I should be using yo make it cleaner?

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Are you talking about surface clutter?

Offline snuffcan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2011, 04:06 PM »
Gotcrappie,

Your sensitivity my be too high. In graph mode the sensitivity has to be set from the menu, and is seperate from the sensitivity setting for flasher mode?? Manually set your lower limit to about 2 ft deeper than the bottom. If not you may be looking at half a screenful of bottom echo???

hope that helps?

Offline gotcrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Thanks for the tips, I'll try it out this weekend and let you know, if not I'll try to take a screen shot to show you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.