Author Topic: Zercom?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline KingCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Zercom?
« on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:01 PM »
A couple years back I found a Zercom Color Point flasher at a pawn shop for real cheap. I don't think Zercom is in business anymore, and that sucks because I think i need a new transducer. It seems like a decent flasher (I let those coming with me use it, as I have my Vex  ;D), but not sure if I can find a transducer for it, or if another brand would work. Any insight appreciated.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
Re: Zercom?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2010, 10:31 AM »
You should post this on the main electronics page. You'd get an answer there. I had a zercom that I too got for 50$ at a pawn shop. It worked a little, but overall was a piece of crap. It came mounted on a genz box, tho, and I still have that. :tipup: If I can find it I'll IM you and you can have the transducer to try on yours. :tipup:

Offline KingCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2010, 10:55 AM »
I think 50 bucks was the magical number for pawn shop Zercoms! Thanks roy!

Offline MOONEYE2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Roy, noticed your post.  My transducer is busted, would you still happen to have yours?

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2010, 09:04 PM »
I think a Marcum Ducer will fit. See if you can find somone with one you can try.

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2010, 10:12 PM »
My dad has a Zercom Color Point.  Its better than nothing but after about 7-8 years its getting really dull looking and tranducer is starting to pick up stuff that isn't there.  It will flash all three colors all the way through the water column for about three seconds and then disappears.  It is also having trouble picking up a small jig anymore, in order to get it to show up the gain has to be be set very very high. 

All in all if 50 bucks is all you have to spend on a flasher it is better than nothing but if you can afford a few extra 50's I would keep an eye craigslist for an FL8

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.