Author Topic: ice fishing  (Read 520 times)

Offline sledmanwinder

• IceShanty Rookie
ice fishing
« on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:53 PM »
so whats the best lake for ice fishing in idaho? I drove up to palasades res. over the weekend and theres no ice on the lake at all  my buddy caught this real nice brown just on top of the dam first cast out
Fish Slayer

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:20 PM »
well, i'm glad i could find someone so close to home.
there are many great lakes down in our corner of idaho, closest to you is Ririe, which has good kokanie fishing if you can find them. other places i like are American Falls Reservoir, Twin Lakes Reservoir, Weston Reservoir, and Robert's Gravel Pond if you like lots and lots of smaller perch. all of these have good fishing when the water goes hard, and they're all within about 2 hours of you.

Offline sledmanwinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2010, 08:52 AM »
thanks for the info i have fished ririe lake i take my boat out and fish the willows for perch and small mouths we caught over 200 perch in July of this year in 1 day it was crazy. I fished the twin lakes back in 1990 never been back there I fished some of the smaller ponds around the twin lakes that have large mouth bass in them great fishing back then. thinking about hittin island park res this weekend ice fishing
Fish Slayer

Offline sledmanwinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:01 AM »
Panfishman,

do you think Weston Reservoir has thick enough ice on it? that lake looks like it would be a good one for a day ice fishing trip
Fish Slayer

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2010, 10:06 AM »
i don't know about safe ice yet, i know there were guys out on robert's gravel pond but that's it. as for the other lakes,  :-\ mostly the best ice is going to be on isolated ponds and such. i mostly fish twin lakes and American falls as i'm a big perch guy. twin lakes has good bass fishing during the summer too, but during the winter more recently it's all been perch trout and bluegill with maybe a bass if you're lucky, and a small one at that. i'll be going out on twin lakes the end of this month so we'll see how that goes then.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.