Author Topic: Pool 13  (Read 5059 times)

Offline les7771

• IceShanty Rookie
Pool 13
« on: Dec 08, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Anyone been out on mickelsons or Millers yet . Thinking about going tomorrow .

Offline fish333

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pool 13
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2010, 11:55 AM »
There is about 3 to 4 inch of ice and the fish are biting I heard. If you go good luck. (Mickelsons)

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2010, 12:49 PM »
A fishing buddy called tues. and said they're fishing Mickelsons. A couple other guys said Mickelsons still has some current moving through there. Mallard Bay might be the place to give it a try because the river will be getting a slight raise.

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2010, 02:43 PM »
Riverbottom is Mallard Bay the place they used to call the perch hole ? We use to fish the Perch Hole alot back in the day and get real nice gills and some perch. But I don't hear much about it anymore.  ???
Glenn
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Ranger,
     If you were standing at the boat ramp at Mickelsons, look due west of the ramp you'll see where the standing timber across the slough ends almost straight out from the ramp.  On the other side of the wooded point where the timbers stops is Mallard Bay. Some of the better early icefishing in the bay is farther up in the bay along the weedlines. This being early ice you might want to swing south-west towards the Perch hole and go into the Bay  south of the timbered point. The ice around the point might be a little iffy yet with the heavy underwater weed growth.
 You can see the mouth of Mallard Bay from the Perch hole. I did talk to a couple of guys that were out there today, they had some respectable bluegills they had caught at Mickelsons. They said the water was somewhat clear. The  river level is supposed to raise a tad bit over the next couple of days that should make for some good fishing in the bay. Hope this helps? The Perch hole has been dead for years, all silted in.

Offline les7771

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Fished Millers and Mickelsons yesterday . Only one gill at Millers . Got 5 nice ones at Mickelsons but the fish quit biting .

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2010, 12:16 PM »
well don't know if they will still be there or how the ice will be but  all summer long the bay with the boat ramp at the dam was full of nice perch we landed quite a few on  craws will prefishing for bass tourneys they were still stacked in there in late September
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2010, 01:26 PM »
ToadHunter,
 Are you talking about the bay down by the dam? Most of the locals know that area as the haybottoms.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2010, 05:07 PM »
you got it we launched at the ramp right there at the dam or next to the lock if you want to be correct from the rip rap point south and east in the eel grass and among the pad stalks they were ever where most were 10-12" but we landed 3 just over 14" and as big around as a 20 oz pop bottle
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2010, 06:49 PM »
ToadHunter,
  I haven't seen many hardwater fishermen fishing the haybottoms the last couple of winters. Many years ago it used to be a great 1st. ice spot to fish for big bluegills. They would hit great for 1-2 weeks and then the small stuff would be all you could catch. My thinking is, the bigger gils move to deeper waters. We used to due real well fishing the weed edges.

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2010, 08:16 AM »
aka. the pocket...

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:13 PM »
 Come to think if it, your right more fishermen did know that area as the Pocket instead of the Haybottoms

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2010, 09:08 AM »
riverbottoms...I see they are out on joyce slough...ice at michelsons 4 to 5in. ..potters 8 in... what about spring lake,upper and lower...dont waste your time at hansons by comanche...a few out on rock creek..

Offline cootpatrol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2010, 03:20 PM »
was at thomson causeway yesterday and there was at least 8 inches of ice, caught some small perch and i think they were pumpkinseed.

Offline les7771

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2010, 06:20 PM »
Got a limit of nice gills out of Mickelsons today .

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2010, 07:23 AM »
Got a limit of nice gills out of Mickelsons today .
Going today,will post how I did. Smitty
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2010, 03:37 PM »

Caught these keepers today at mickelsons 10 - 2, caught probably 40-50 fish total, pretty much non-stop, caught mostly on homemade jigs tipped with spikes. Tight Lines. Smitty
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Awesome catch nice perch

Offline HappyFrozenToes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2010, 05:31 PM »
Nice Smitty.  I was out there around the same times just off the launch.  Did somewhere around the same with the Perch and Redears (kept 13 yellow perch and 16 bluegill and redears.  After so many bad days hunting walleye for me it was great having so much activity!

Offline les7771

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:22 PM »
Are they still hitting in Mickelsons ?

Offline harpenter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2010, 10:10 PM »
I'm going to have to convince someone to show me around Mickelsons.   I've never fished there, but have always wanted to.

Nice catch guys!

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2010, 05:03 AM »
I'm going to have to convince someone to show me around Mickelsons.   I've never fished there, but have always wanted to.

Nice catch guys!
1st ice is good there, after that, it is usually pretty slow there, as for where to fish?......up and down the channel....follow where other huts are. Tight lines. Smitty

Offline BURRO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:44 AM »
Is the fishing still good at Mickelson's , and how much snow is on the ice now ?

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Buddy of mine fished yesterday............S LOW....didnt see many on camera either. I'm going there tomorrow, hope it is better. Smitty

Offline BURRO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 27, 2010, 12:26 PM »
Thanks Smitty . I hope the fish are in the biting mood tomorrow . Last week I was fishing Geist Reservoir in Indianapolis and they were on one day and off the next.

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 29, 2010, 05:44 PM »
Tough everywhere we went today. Forget about it for a few days now...dang rain. Smitty

Offline BURRO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 29, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Smitty , how much snow is on the ice? :tipup:

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 30, 2010, 04:56 AM »
5 in. snow...10in. ice....rain will take care of some of the snow. Smitty

Offline Hotspot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 30, 2010, 10:42 AM »
Anybody been up to Fishtrap or Kehough? :tipup:

"The green hornet strikes again!" 
Hotspot

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2010, 10:49 AM »
hey do any of you guys flag fish pike over here as many pike as we catch over on this pool while we are bass fishing we have been thinking of coming over to try it out in the winter  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.