Author Topic: losing all my fishin ice  (Read 1581 times)

Offline yirawallygator

• IceShanty Rookie
losing all my fishin ice
« on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:53 AM »
talkin to people last few days.they are draining fishing lake wich will end up at theodore so i dont think i should set up my shack there.i dont trust good spirt it just a spooky lake.and lake of the prairies has issues to. then a freind at coffee said he heard they are legistraightin now no perment shacks in sask this winter because of poor ice conditions from different issues and weather that are happening around us.this last comment im not sure of but has any else heard anything :-\

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
Re: losing all my fishin ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:54 AM »
I would imagine we would have been told already about that, its pretty tough for them to stop people from putting shacks out. There's already a few out there so its probably too late already. I sure hope nothing like that happens, this is going to be my first full season with my new shack. :-\
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2010, 09:23 AM »
No truth in the permanent shack thing. Lots of guys have shacks out on Buffalo Pound already. Even if they did have this rule good luck letting every fisherman know this.

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:01 AM »
talkin to people last few days.they are draining fishing lake wich will end up at theodore so i dont think i should set up my shack there.i dont trust good spirt it just a spooky lake.and lake of the prairies has issues to. then a freind at coffee said he heard they are legistraightin now no perment shacks in sask this winter because of poor ice conditions from different issues and weather that are happening around us.this last comment im not sure of but has any else heard anything :-\

We were out at Theodore on Sunday. Fished by the Dam, 10" of ice, Caught 18 perch and 3 small eyes. Kept 10 perch[one just over 13"]. Left my shack on the ice, 1st one out there!  8)

Offline waynealb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2010, 09:31 PM »
hey bite-me hahah thats funny im on this site i talked to you on sunday on theodore dam let me know if you guys drive on this weekend and how the fishing is if you do go

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:17 PM »
hey bite-me hahah thats funny im on this site i talked to you on sunday on theodore dam let me know if you guys drive on this weekend and how the fishing is if you do go
Cool!!! Were you the one with the blk Dodge, wht Blazer or blue Ford? Anyway will let u know if we go! Not looking like its gonna happen this weekend! >:( :( :'(
 :icefish:

Offline waynealb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2010, 06:51 PM »
black dodge

Offline aredog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2010, 11:27 PM »
just curious...someone said good spirit lake is to spooky? is there some old history or something? not from the area however visited the lake once years ago

Offline yirawallygator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2010, 11:21 AM »
to me its so unpredictable. its somewhat of a shallow lake .it gets huge ice heaves on it it really snaps and crackles.my neighbors went missing and i found them there thats all im going to say on that statement. can be hard to get on to. i dont know why i just dont trust it.

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2010, 06:12 PM »
Any word on what exactly they are doing to drain fishing lake? :)

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2010, 06:13 PM »
We were out at Theodore on Sunday. Fished by the Dam, 10" of ice, Caught 18 perch and 3 small eyes. Kept 10 perch[one just over 13"]. Left my shack on the ice, 1st one out there!  8)
He never caught the eyes, I did!! HaHa!!

Offline yirawallygator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2010, 04:09 PM »
http://www.swa.ca/WhatsNew/pdfs/Thin_Ice_Warning.pdf         
http://www.swa.ca/WhatsNew/EmergencyFloodMeasuresFishingLake.asp
http://www.swa.ca/WhatsNew/Advisories.asp
 :(here is some reading. i think im going to stay portable this year just to many unpredictable things goin on :-\

Offline yirawallygator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2010, 04:49 PM »
might try goin portable this weekend go check some things out. im still unsure of things thou :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.