Author Topic: Fin Bore III auger blades  (Read 975 times)

Offline AngusMacHuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fin Bore III auger blades
« on: Dec 06, 2010, 08:58 PM »
I just did a forum search on trying the sharpen these blades, they're the curved/angled type, and word is you're often better off replacing than trying to sharpen. Just curious if anyone knows a place local to Saskatoon that has been able to sharpen them successfully. I'm going to buy a new set sometime this season, but I'd like to see if I can turn the old ones into a viable backup.

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fin Bore III auger blades
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2010, 09:03 PM »
You can try Accusharp in Saskatoon on 505 44th Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0V9
(306) 931-1935

I dropped off my eskimo chipper blades today.  In the past they have done a great job but give them a call to see if they can do your type, I imagine they can!  I think they charge 5-10 bucks but they are so sharp you can shave with them!

Offline Frozenhole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2010, 05:58 PM »
Get them sharpened.  For ten bucks you'll always have a set to make some holes.  A sharp blade is safer than a dull blade.

Offline AngusMacHuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2010, 11:47 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I'll give that shop a call and see what they say, but the more read about it seems like few have been happy with these blades after sharpening. Don't like the idea of paying $40 every year or two for new blades, but better than mucking around with a dull auger.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.