Author Topic: MEANING BEHIND YOUR USER NAME  (Read 18846 times)

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: MEANING BEHIND YOUR USER NAME
« Reply #270 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:24 AM »
My name is self explanitory. Hog hammer from hammerin hogs

Offline spoon-n-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "Original" Perch Pirate
« Reply #271 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:27 AM »
The only to catch waldos in Oneida lake.......

Offline phil.from.cassopolis

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #272 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:31 AM »
where i live in mich. and my name is phil

Offline Santo180

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #273 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:35 AM »
Fraternity pledge name that stuck.

Offline otzi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #274 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:52 PM »
Otzi is the name give to the mummified "iceman" that was found in the Alps in 1991. After I signed up to IS and did some research they say there is an "Otzi"s curse" much like the curse of the pharaohs and I almost changed the name but decided I'd try it for a while and if I had a decent year and didn't fall through the ice I'd stick with it! So far so good and at my age I try not to take any unnecessary chances.
Suit up and show up!

Offline MoreTroutPls

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #275 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:09 PM »
When I signed on to IS, I was doing OK catching bass, pickerel and bluegills but wanted to catch more trout.  So, I hoped that by asking politely that I'd catch more.  So far, IS and asking nice has helped a lot.
Everyone has to believe in something.  I believe I'll go fishing.
Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #276 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:26 PM »
 striped bass are my game.. ice fishing passes the time... Roccus  saxatills former scientific name... now morne saxatillis... I've been Roccus on most web sights since the company shoved one onto my desk and said use it for your maintenance records...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline hunter orange

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #277 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:31 PM »
Well mine is just something I wear from october through december and its the color of the flag on my tip ups lol.  if im not huntin' im fishin'. :icefish:

Offline badger16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #278 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:01 PM »

I've done a lot of hog hunting in South Texas with my bow. Well, the third year down there, a buddy of mine from San Antonio shot a badger with his bow. The ranch staff said it was the first badger shot on that ranch in the fifteen years that they had held the hunt. I was blown away, as I didn't even know there were badgers there, let alone that we were aloud to shoot them. The following day, my buddy and I made an unsuccessful stalk on a bunch of javelinas. We turned around and started walking back towards the truck, and we both looked up in time to see a badger run across the sendaro ahead of us. We both looked at each other and shook our heads in amazement. We never told a soul, thinking people would think we were full of bull, and just trying to take the limelight away from our buddy.

The following year we hunted the same pasture on the ranch. On the last day of the hunt, I was dropped off at a good sendaro for javelina. I also had seen some nice feral hogs in the area. I walked down to a ground blind I had cut in the cactus, and sat down to cool off. I hadn't been there but a few minutes when a lone boar javelina left the safety of the cactus, and mesquite to feed on the corn I had out. Luck would have it that he fed away from my blind, and not towards me. The good thing was he was feeding straight into the wind, giving me a perfect stalking opportunity. I left the blind and went after him. After about a thirty minute stalk, I had closed within range. As if on cue, he turned from straight away to a nice quartering away shot. I managed to get to half draw when movement in the cactus caught my eye. There in a small opening I could see a badger making his way through the thick bush! (keep in mind, I'm an Ohio guy that at that point had only seen one live badger, and one dead one)
          It was all I could do to finish drawing, and get my pin on the badger instead of the javelina. I shot, and couldn't believe my eyes when my arrow found it's mark and slammed that guy! He did a quick spin and made it all of fifteen yards before he was done! I had just killed the second badger on that ranch in the sixteen year history of the hunt!

Hence the nickname badger16. Awhile back I dropped the 16 as most people on the net were just calling me badger.

Offline fxdxharley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #279 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:24 PM »
I own and ride a 2000 harley fxdx (dyna super glide sport). its what i do when its warm out.
Play hard, Take chances!!

Offline Bionicfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #280 on: Feb 12, 2011, 04:07 PM »
Mine was a nickname given to my by friends after a great day salmon fishing in Oswego. I couldn't keep them off the hook that day. One of my buddys asked me if my arms were sore yet and another friend blurted out Naw he's the bionic fisherman. Needless to say they started calling my the Bionic fisherman the rest of the day.

bi·on·ic
utilizing electronic devices and mechanical parts to assist humans in performing difficult, dangerous, or intricate tasks, as by supplementing or duplicating parts of the body: The scientist used a bionic arm to examine the radioactive material.
Informal . having superhuman strength or capacity. 

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #281 on: Feb 12, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Mine is after the #1 ranked team in the NHL.

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #282 on: Feb 12, 2011, 06:55 PM »
Mine, I was in Nam in 69

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #283 on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Mine is from the Beacombers show from the 1980s on CBC here in Canada.  Its a show based on the west coast of BC and about guys salvaging old wrecks and logs from the timber industry.  Great scenery and beautiful surroundings, grew up loving that show!  Here is a photo for the canadians and maybe NW US guys if they rembember.

Offline USNAVYABH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #284 on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:23 PM »
USNAVY= I am in the US NAVY 18 years 5 months
ABH= my Job in the NAVY Aviation Boatswain mate Handler

Offline magnumguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #285 on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Mine is magnumguy, because I helped build the Dodge Magnum, now We build the new 300, Charger , Challenger.
Magnum

Offline Reel Addiction 2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 3rd double of the day
« Reply #286 on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:31 PM »
The name of mine and my buddys boat is Reel addiction. He already had that name on here so I went with the #2

Offline Badback

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #287 on: Feb 12, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Mine is after the #1 ranked team in the NHL.

Then it should have been the Calgary Flames...eh King

Offline Borion2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #288 on: Feb 12, 2011, 08:42 PM »
It's the nickname I use for all the sites I visit.  When thinking up a name for my e-mail address years ago I went with B for my first name and the Orion for the constellation of the hunter.  So it became B the hunter 2, since I love hunting for deer and fish.

Offline soaknwet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #289 on: Feb 12, 2011, 09:00 PM »
I don't chew, it's where I keep my maggots when I'm fishin!
My grampa always said, "You keep your snuff in the can and your maggots in your mouth so they don't freeze." I didn't listen to everything he said.  My name, I tend to fall in the water two, three, four times a year.
The river goes on forever and the fishing never ends.........

Offline schmutzomatic 5000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #290 on: Feb 12, 2011, 09:05 PM »
I once made a homemade planer board mast out of aluminum and the weld was not so pretty.  My buddy looked at the weld and said "what is that schmutz"  I called the mast the schmutzomatic 5000 and made many other schmutzed up things since then... ;D 

Offline Doorbreaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #291 on: Feb 13, 2011, 05:53 AM »
Doorbreaker came about because I am a Fire Police officer who is also an EMT. We get a few calls each year where we arrive and find that the doors are locked... I just break them in to access the patient...

Offline Gman64

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It Cant Be Time To Go Home I Still Have Bait Left!
« Reply #292 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:39 AM »
G is for my first name the gman is becauswe I am currently on active duty

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #293 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:44 AM »
I was in a THREE STOOGES mood and at times I feel like the missing link.
Bob P.

Offline da.mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO PACK GO!!!!
« Reply #294 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:56 AM »
My first name is Michael (Mike) middle name David last name Adams....also where I'm from "da" is another word for "the" and I like to think of myself as a one of a kind type of person...also it's the same username I use for everything.
BIG BAIT, BIG FISH!!
"I'm just a jerk on one end of the line...waitin' for a jerk on the other."

Offline war eagle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #295 on: Feb 13, 2011, 09:18 AM »
Was watching an Auburn college football game (my favorite team),while joining this forum,was in the Army and thought it just rang.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #296 on: Feb 13, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Lobes is just a variation of my actual last name. My sugnature however, NBG is "Naked Beer Guy". Very long story coming from a long history of extreme partying - not for the light hearted ...

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #297 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Adipose....its the smallest little fatty type fin along the top of the back of trout closest to the tail fin. Its the fin i most enjoy replicating when doing taxi on a fish.

Offline 57 fathead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #298 on: Feb 16, 2011, 11:25 AM »
Born in 1957 and have a large head.

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #299 on: Feb 16, 2011, 12:10 PM »
I've spent and spend a great deal of time on the sand dunes of UT, ID, NV, and CA.  The 101 is because i take people to school out in the sand!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.