The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Good Fishing on Boysen  (Read 7252 times)

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Good Fishing on Boysen
« Reply #60 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:35 PM »
There was about 4 or so inches of last night. It was pretty awesome last night out there in terms of weather. Fishing on the other hand was far from awesome though. Oh well that's fishing I guess.also props goes out to Walkers. Even though they were closed and he was out of town,he went out of his way to get us minnows by calling around to find someone to come down to the shop and provide us with minnows. That's great customer service. Thank you walkers

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:38 PM »
There was about 4 or so inches of last night. It was pretty awesome last night out there in terms of weather.

4 inches of ice or 4 inches of snow?
Don

Offline Icefishur03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Im headin up to Boysen this weekend. More than likely gonna hit poisen creek up. Anyone who wants to join feel free to stop by and say hi or have me punch a few holes. I will be in a white F-350 with camo trim.

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:02 PM »
There was 8-10inches of ice

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:10 PM »
There was 8-10inches of ice

thank you
Don

Offline y4derby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:30 PM »
Heading to posion creek thursday stop and say hi if your in the area will be in a silver 4-door toyota  ;D

Offline walleyestampede

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Spent about 1 1/2 hours Sunday afternoon out on the point of poison creek, a little more main lake than most guys have been talking about.  Didn't catch any....Just a caution..if there is a way to screw up a day I will find it....after punching 6 holes with about 6 inches of ice I was moving from hole to hole..not paying much attention to what I was doing and turned around and fell thru the ice.  Hit an air pocket I guess..Ice was definitely a different color...fell thru with one leg up to my hip...dove forward as went thru and managed to get out no problem but a little scary....I'll post a photo if I figure out how...Be Careful out there!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:45 PM »
damn, good to hear your safe.

wonder what caused the weird ice?  Does boysen have gas bubbles coming up all the time from the bottom?
Don

Offline walleyestampede

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:12 PM »
   was about 50+ feet from shore...13 feet of water....just a freak thing I guess...just be careful

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:31 PM »
wow,  that's scary if there is snow all over the ice, you can't see it then.   
Don

Offline AJL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Dec 07, 2010, 11:13 PM »
That hole looks like someone or something already fell through.  Don't really know but kind of scary.  I was out with my brother today, more in towards the bay.  He caught a 6lb eye.  Great fish. The only one caught and neither of us marked any with our showdowns.  Ice is covered with 4inches of snow and very slick. Ice in the bay is 10 to 8 where we fished.  First time on the ice this year, we had a blast. We fished from 9 to 4.   Be safe and good luck.

Al
Wishn 4 Fishn

Offline fishingeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Good luck to everyone who is going out. AND BE SAFE!!! Rember Boysen is one of those lakes known to have underwater springs I am not sure where they are or if they change but I have known a alot of people who have seen some crazy ice conditions on that lake. Eyeaddict and I are going to try to make it out for the new year weekend not to sure where we will be

Offline WYeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishoholic
« Reply #72 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Glad you got out ok. Now that there is some spooky stuff,especially with some snow cover on the ice.

Offline thejiggerman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Dec 08, 2010, 11:25 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)   was about 50+ feet from shore...13 feet of water....just a freak thing I guess...just be careful
Methane pocket

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Dec 08, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Yes Poison creek has several warm springs, mostly on the south side of the . One year I counted 6 that were open and closed trough out the winter.  In the same places last year not one was open... That makes it very scary... There is one on the north side of Potion Creek only a few feet off the bank that I went through with my 4wheeler one  year.  With the snow cover you need to be even more careful.  So follow others tracks, look for  anything that looks differant and stay off pressure ridges
olefish

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #75 on: Dec 08, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Pucker Factor 10!

Screw that!

Glad it didn't end up worse!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline IrishIce99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am number 1. All others are number 2 or lower."
« Reply #76 on: Dec 08, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Is it sad if i'm living vicariously through you guys because there's no ice by me? Fish on...
Support local bait and tackle shops --> Jay-Ve <br />   

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #77 on: Dec 08, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Close one stampede man.  I have fallen through those bubble spots myself. Be careful especially on the south end to Badwater. Ice thickness has no bearing on when or where the bubbles show up. Maybe a set of ice spikes should be carried to help pull out of a hole.

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #78 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:03 PM »
 :) Thats a hog eyeaddict! Very nice stringer too. Hope you enjoyed those succulent fillets! Fish on!

Offline OUTHNTN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing makes a bigger fish than one almost caught
« Reply #79 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Methane pocket
thejiggerman HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD! - OH

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Dec 08, 2010, 09:23 PM »
fished poison creek today,  3 flags which pulled about 3-4 feet of line each.  no other bites.  pretty sad day.  drilled alot of holes and moved around.

I would like to go back up there Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, anyone going to be there that knows the area well enough and wants company?
Don

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:45 PM »
do you thread your minnows jopes?

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:55 PM »
do you thread your minnows jopes?

no I do not.  I hooked some in the dorsal fin and some others in the lips.  kinda gives a variety.
Don

Offline pokefan1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Good tip on threadin minnows....go to your local craft store and buy some of the biggest needles they have there. You can find them in the 3-5 inch range and those work great for most of the minnows we have here. Those needles are generally sharper and more durable.

PF1

Keep calm and return fire...

Offline eyeaddict

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Slab Stalker 307
« Reply #84 on: Dec 09, 2010, 05:46 PM »
I always thread my minnows unless I'm perchn or using smaller minnows, I bet the hook up rate is doubled and they usually always get a better hookset. 8)
Great thing about ice fishing is, if the fish don't bite at least you know the "BEER" will stay cold!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Dec 09, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Who's going to boysen tuesday and Wednesday?   We are thinking on going up And staying in riverton tuuesday night.

Is there any ice on deeperparts of the lake yet?  I sure would like to jig for some perch out there.
Don

Offline y4derby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Dec 09, 2010, 06:57 PM »
Was out on poison creek today really slow 1 flag and another missing the bait. Did see some guys next to us catch 2 perch. Other guys that were there had the same luck as us. It did fill good to be on the ice for the first time this year. Looking straight across the bay to the east we could see someone out there fishing not for sure whats that called but its good to see people out fishing. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.