Author Topic: Diamond Jig vs. Diamond Eye Jig  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Jigging Nomad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jigging Nomad
Diamond Jig vs. Diamond Eye Jig
« on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:38 PM »
I have been buying Diamond Eye Jigs made by Jr's Tackle from Cabela's for the past few years.  

They look EXACTLY like the Diamond Jigs from Custom Jigs and Spins.

I now see that the Diamond Eye Jigs are no longer on the Jr's website.  Have they sold the rights to this bait to CJ&S?  

Great little jigs, I might add.  
Looking for JUMBO Perch, Crappie, and Bluegill

Offline markrazzy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Diamond Jig vs. Diamond Eye Jig
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2010, 12:59 PM »
They look alike, however, the top ones actually have that little crystal in them (as an attractant).  I guess I can't speak for whether they sold the rights, but they're definitely not the same jig... just same shape. Personally, I've used the CS&J ones, and they work well.  I did picks some of JR's up to try this winter... we'll see.   

Offline Jigging Nomad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jigging Nomad
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2010, 05:42 PM »
The Jr's work great. 

Offline BMW20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2010, 06:28 PM »
Our Cabelas in Dundee, MI had the diamond eye jigs about a week ago with a red crystal in them........I had to buy a few ;)

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:12 AM »
Our Cabelas in Dundee, MI had the diamond eye jigs about a week ago with a red crystal in them........I had to buy a few ;)

once again did you pick me up some too or did you one way me yet again on ice fishing stuff???? LOL.

me and BMW20 had good luck last year with the smallest figer tiger pattern JR diamond eye on gills.

J-

Offline BMW20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2010, 06:13 PM »
once again did you pick me up some too or did you one way me yet again on ice fishing stuff???? LOL.

me and BMW20 had good luck last year with the smallest figer tiger pattern JR diamond eye on gills.

J-

LOL - heck no I didn't buy you any! I'll sell you one of whatever the  hot color is that day, only 5x face value ;D

Actually, I didn't even buy 'em for myself. Bought a bunch of stuff to put in a small bluegill box I'm giving to my  dad for christmas. Got home and started putting them in the box and said to myself I should have bought some too!

Offline Jigging Nomad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jigging Nomad
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2010, 07:24 PM »
I called a Guy at Jr's Tackle, he said they are both mfg at the same factory in China.  So basically the same jig, only the Jr's has the little chip on the front.   

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2010, 07:25 PM »
They (JR's Tackle) still sell them, I was at their store the other day and they had trays of them.  I used them last year for gills and they worked awesome. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.