Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Used Flashers  (Read 5238 times)

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Used Flashers
« on: Nov 28, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Anybody have any advice on finding one of these?  I really want to finally throw away my solf water conversion and finally get a real flasher especially now that I might have to go buy a new battery for it.  Unfortunately, I just don't have the money sitting around for a new one.  I have been looking at craigslist for the past month or two and just can't seem to find any flashers.  I find a lot of shantys but no flashers.  Any ideas would be awesome.
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Used Flashers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2010, 06:12 PM »
keep checking on craigslist now that the season is getting closer guys are going out and replacing gear and they will start showing up.  Don't be afraid to check neighboring states as well, I just saw an FL-8 and an FL-18 on the South Dakota craigslist a few weeks ago I believe

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Look on In Depth Outdoors there were a couple on there and 1 in the ice forums of Muskies first...

Offline Perkeyone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2010, 06:22 PM »
Spend the money and get one from Vexilar reconditioned with warranty everyone wants new price for a flasher, Just my 2 cents Perkeyone

Offline vexaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Spend the money and get one from Vexilar reconditioned with warranty everyone wants new price for a flasher, Just my 2 cents Perkeyone
I agree. Bought mine that way.

Offline Perkeyone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2010, 08:34 PM »
You can even go for the warranty extension and get four years total warranty ;D ;D :o :o Perkeyone

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Not actualy a flasher, but I would look at the Marcum Showdown Troller for $200. Seems like quite the little unit.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2010, 11:02 AM »
Anybody have any advice on finding one of these?  I really want to finally throw away my solf water conversion and finally get a real flasher especially now that I might have to go buy a new battery for it.  Unfortunately, I just don't have the money sitting around for a new one.  I have been looking at craigslist for the past month or two and just can't seem to find any flashers.  I find a lot of shantys but no flashers.  Any ideas would be awesome.

Used flashers are ok, and work fine. The one thing I've always heard about is that you need to be careful with the transducer. Something about if the transducer gets older or gets banged around a lot they won't work near has well for sensing jigs, fish, and other stuff.

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I bought a reconditioned one this spring direct form Vexilar. Has same 2 yr warranty as new ones.

Offline Yopy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2010, 02:10 PM »
broke down and bought a new lx3-tc for myself. 320$, a good deal

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Ended up getting a brand new in the box ICE 55 for an amazing deal.  Guy won it on a softwater tournament and hasn't gotten hooked into hard water yet (he doens't know what he is missing).  Hope to go pick it up from him sometime this week.  It was a little out of the budget but I was able to sell some decoys that I don't use any more to make the purchase.  Thanks everyone for the help and information.  Tight lines to everyone
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2010, 08:54 PM »
Congrats on the prchase, that is a good unit.

Offline Hi Tech

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2010, 03:34 AM »
I would recommend the vexilar fl-20 for the zoom feature, I also have the fl-12 same as the fl-20 but no zoom, both are great but I really like the zoom feature. I know they are expensive but once you have it, you got it. I catch ten times more fish then I use to, no more fishing dead holes! I think the Marcums are probably just as good, it's just like ford vs. chevy.   Happy fishing

Offline Buckeye John

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2010, 04:11 AM »
Hey, I got a marcum lx3tc for 250 on ebay looks brand new. Keep looking there. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.