Author Topic: Beaver Dam Tipup springs  (Read 2172 times)

Offline law651

• IceShanty Rookie
Beaver Dam Tipup springs
« on: Nov 27, 2010, 09:40 AM »
A few years ago I purchased replacement spring/flag for my beaverdams. But they were off the shelf from walmart. They were a different brand of tipup.   I only used the springs off these replacements.  The springs were stronger/stiffer, were the same inside diameter and were about the same length as the beaverdams.

I need to replace 6 of my other beaverdam springs, I was wondering if anyone has an Idea where to get these stronger springs????? I forgot what brand of tipup these replacements were for. I would love to get these for my tipups. Or where I can get a stronger/thicker spring????

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Beaver Dam Tipup springs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:30 AM »
Just call beaver dam and order the springs.

Offline law651

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:33 AM »
I don't want the beaver dam springs I want a stiffer spring. 

FOr all you that have South Bend tip ups, Can you compair the springs with the beaverdams. Its possible these are the ones I used. Thanks MIke

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:41 AM »
here is beaverdamns phone # 1-920-350-0178. hours of operation ,Monday-Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm their website is www.articfisherman.com hope this helps. put the right parts on your beavers and they will last a lifetime.

HIMO
                                                  IceShanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:42 AM »
What is your reason for a stiffer spring?
I have a south bend tip up and the spring is stiff as hell i don't use it because it is to hard to trip. It would be fine for pike, but panfish i just get robbed and the flag don't go up.

Offline law651

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2010, 11:03 AM »
That would be the correct spring than.  THey work great on the beaverdam.  I have 3 that I have used for years with my tip ups. I mainly use them for walleye and Pike. I like to use larger baits for pike and the heaver spring does not have near as many wind or minnow trips.  And walleyes, I have not noticed a increase of drops with the increased tension.  I think this spring is awsome for the fishing I do.

I get way too many wind and minnow flags with the stock springs, I love everything else about the beaverdams. They are an awsome tip up.  I just want this little modification.

I do have a set that I will leave with the weaker springs for perch and such. 

I have 12 beaverdams 3 are 25 yrs + these are my go to tip ups. 

Thanks for the help guys,, 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.