Author Topic: November 26th taryall trip  (Read 1402 times)

Offline mikeager

• IceShanty Rookie
November 26th taryall trip
« on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:57 PM »
Went with fire n ice, Hit the lake dropped bait around 7 a.m.  Still some open water ice between 4-6 inches.  From 7 to 10 a.m. Fishing was good caught around 40 rainbow stockers. After 10 a.m wind picked up the sun came out and the ice conditions got shady alot more open water huge cracks we left around noon over 50 fish caught all together.

Offline cheezonthat

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: November 26th taryall trip
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2010, 07:05 PM »
you lucky *****s! Glad you guys got to do some fishin wish I could have been there.  Im planning on coming down december 12th so be ready.

Offline mcnasty4233

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2010, 07:38 PM »
i plan on hittin it tomorrow... hope the fishing is good
fish all day drink all night....!!!!!!!

Offline mikeager

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:33 PM »
Yeah cheese was hopin to see you down. Is it gonna get cold enough at jumbo this year?

Offline fire-n-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2010, 07:27 AM »
Yeah cheez when ya comin fishin with us?????????? ::)

Offline fire-n-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2010, 07:32 AM »
stopped at walmart in woodland park on or way up and found a couple of guys headed to Antero. I'll see about five hundred of you guys up there in a couple weeks! ;D

Offline elkdeerbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:30 AM »
Me and Dad were out there yesterday also. Started down by the inlet on 10 inches of ice, but was all weeds. I got 2 small bows there. Then we moved by the boat ramp about 100 yards away from the open water in 9 feet of water. Was 6 inches of ice there. Dad got 2 and I got 7 more, all rainbows. We kept a few and left when the wind and cracks started moving us.  ;D

Offline cheezonthat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Yeah cheese was hopin to see you down. Is it gonna get cold enough at jumbo this year?

I hope it gets cold enough this year for jumbo to freeze sure is alot closer for me to drive. If it does ill let you know for sure and you will have to make a trip to my part of the country.

Offline dsids

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2010, 11:36 PM »
No pike?

Offline mikeager

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:08 PM »
Nope no pike.  We only seen 1

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2010, 09:56 AM »
I live in Montana now but I grew up in CO fishing tarryall, elevenmile and antero among others.  I am glad to hear the fishery is still doing well.  I had heard they had drained tarryall to work on the dam and the fishery suffered.  Is that true?  We used to get some piggy pike out of there so I hope they are back.  Occasionally we would get a monster brown or two.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline mikeager

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2010, 03:21 PM »
I live in Montana now but I grew up in CO fishing tarryall, elevenmile and antero among others.  I am glad to hear the fishery is still doing well.  I had heard they had drained tarryall to work on the dam and the fishery suffered.  Is that true?  We used to get some piggy pike out of there so I hope they are back.  Occasionally we would get a monster brown or two.
  Yeah they drained it.  I think it hurt the pike fishing and brown.  There's still decent sized fish in there but all I usually get out of there now is small rainbows.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2010, 10:03 PM »
Yeah I remember slamming them at tarryall but that was 10+ years ago.  I think a have an old pic of one of the browns we got out of there, but that was back before the days of digital cameras and, well I am to lazy and I don't have a scanner or I'd throw it up on here.

I love reading the posts on where I used to fish as a kid!
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.