Author Topic: mikey boots  (Read 2535 times)

Offline boober

• Team IceShanty Regular
mikey boots
« on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:11 AM »
the sportsmans guide have Mickey boots for &39.97.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: mikey boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2010, 11:02 AM »
And that's about what they're worth.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline iceice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2010, 11:21 AM »
I have been waring this boot for years and i quote(have never had cold feet)Here is the twist,buy them two sizes to big and use a sorel boot liner.If you keep this system DRY cold feet is just a memory for under 75 bucks! :clap: :clap:

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I have been on top of the world, and theres no ice
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2010, 12:27 PM »
I have been waring this boot for years and i quote(have never had cold feet)Here is the twist,buy them two sizes to big and use a sorel boot liner.If you keep this system DRY cold feet is just a memory for under 75 bucks! :clap: :clap:
It's got to feel like walking around with cynder blocks on you feet, too heavy for me.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2010, 01:08 PM »
ive been wearing them for years.  never been cold.   awesome boots cant beat them i dont care what you put on your feet.  just stay away from the beta versions.  i usually buy mine on ebay and have 2 pairs.  no liner or heavy socks ever needed.  feet stay dry warm.  the only downfall if your walking out they are a bit heavy.

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2010, 01:35 PM »
The only boots I wear when I'm on the ice. They are a Little heavier than most, But it does not bother me.

How's the ice

Offline iceice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2010, 01:49 PM »
It's got to feel like walking around with cynder blocks on you feet, too heavy for me.
  They definitely are a little heavy but well worth having warm feet.Plus i like the work out :flex: :flex: :flex:

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2010, 02:12 PM »
ive been wearing them for years.  never been cold.   awesome boots cant beat them i dont care what you put on your feet.  just stay away from the beta versions.  i usually buy mine on ebay and have 2 pairs.  no liner or heavy socks ever needed.  feet stay dry warm.  the only downfall if your walking out they are a bit heavy.
Huh ?    The Beta Mickey Mouse boots are the original Military manufactured boots and the ONLY ones that should be purchashed !
   Brands like "Hood", European imports and the junk that Sportsman Supply tries to pawn off are total junk !
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2010, 02:55 PM »
sorry about that i was misinformed from a friend who told me different.  a little internet research and bata boots are the way to go.  Mine are not Bata but they work awesome

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Do a search on BATA black boots cold  on eBay and you should get a lot of hits.  They typically run about 1 or 2 sizes two big so order accordingly - but with thick socks - they fit well.  The white mickey mouse boots are bulkier and heavier.  The black are lighter but still keep your feet toasty warm and they are waterproof.

There also are some army navy surplus places that sell them too.

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2010, 07:30 PM »
I have used the black Bata boots for years sure there a little heavy but very warm, I use a sock liner with a 50/50 blend over sock. no cold feet for me.

Offline AtlBraves12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2010, 09:08 PM »
I wear a 13 regularly and found a 13xn on ebay... I do have a narrow foot but do you think the 13xn will work for me? I'm pumped to get a pair since I have heard these boots are great in the cold weather, but I need to get the right size. Any help would be appreciated. I want as little bulk as I can get but I like to usually put some toastitoes in my boots and wear a wool sock. Thanks

Offline TJR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2010, 09:14 PM »
mickey have never let me down ,I don't think they are Hervey.

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2010, 09:50 PM »
I wear a 13 regularly and found a 13xn on ebay... I do have a narrow foot but do you think the 13xn will work for me? I'm pumped to get a pair since I have heard these boots are great in the cold weather, but I need to get the right size. Any help would be appreciated. I want as little bulk as I can get but I like to usually put some toastitoes in my boots and wear a wool sock. Thanks
The MM boots are pretty true to size so if I were you, I'd wait to find a 13 regular or 13 wide.     You want a bit of extra room in any boots you wear but not so much that you have to wear extra socks to keep them from slopping around on your feet.
  There's no need for any heavy socks when wearing MM boots.  If you have decent circulation, a standard pair of cotton tube socks are all you'll need.
  If you have poor circulation or a history of cold feet, a pair of wool or poly pro socks will help.

Always go to the next size up if the fit is quastionable or if you wear a half size !

Where are you located ?     I know a guy who might have what you're looking for !
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline AtlBraves12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2010, 11:13 PM »
I live in Bismarck, ND. I'm new to iceshanty and noticed after I posted that I was in the New York section. Not sure if that is allowed  :-\. I knew there was an Army surplus store in Mandan, ND but I thought it closed a couple years ago. To my surprise, I found out tonight that it still may be open, but it is up for sale. I am going to swing by tomorrow and see if he has some mickey boots. Hopefully I can try on a few different sizes and one of them works for me... Looking forward to getting out on the ice. I will let you know if the Mandan store has my size... if they don't I may need some help. Thanks for the info  :icefish:

Offline AtlBraves12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:03 PM »
I found a pair of 13s at the army surplus store.  ;D The only question I have is whether or not I need to buy liners to go in the boots. I wish he would have had a 12 because they are a little sloppy, but I read you can buy a liner to put in them. I tried them out with no liner on sunday and they worked great... I tied them a little tight to begin with. I just untied them and fished out of the ice house for a while in abou 10 deg F weather and my feet didn't even get cold. Hopefully the warmth continues... I am impressed so far. The best part was the ice didn't build up on them since they are rubber compared to my boots I used to wear.

Offline tbfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH SAFE FOR YOUR LOVED ONES
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:20 PM »
I found a pair of 13s at the army surplus store.  ;D The only question I have is whether or not I need to buy liners to go in the boots. I wish he would have had a 12 because they are a little sloppy, but I read you can buy a liner to put in them. I tried them out with no liner on sunday and they worked great... I tied them a little tight to begin with. I just untied them and fished out of the ice house for a while in abou 10 deg F weather and my feet didn't even get cold. Hopefully the warmth continues... I am impressed so far. The best part was the ice didn't build up on them since they are rubber compared to my boots I used to wear.

You can stand in slush and water for hours and hours and your feet won't get cold in Mikey's.
Even if they fill up with water.....just take your socks off and pour out the water then put them back on and in less then 10 minutes your feet will be warm again.
Speaking from personal experience.

Sloppiness doesn't matter.....You need the air space in the boot so your feet heat the air in the boots plus the air between the 7 layers of liner in the boots.
I don't use extra liners.....never needed them even at -27 F.
Bob
Fish Safe For Your Loved Ones

Offline AtlBraves12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:16 AM »
Thanks for the info, Bob. I'll save my money I was going to spend on liners and buy more tackle  ;D

Offline tbfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH SAFE FOR YOUR LOVED ONES
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2010, 02:22 PM »
Thanks for the info, Bob. I'll save my money I was going to spend on liners and buy more tackle  ;D

Hi AtlBraves12, Your Welcome
You will notice the Boots getting tighter a little as the air in the Boots heats up and expands.
One tip is don't open the Pressure Release Valve on the sides of the Boots or you will let out the warm air inside the
layers of the built in insulation.
Only do that if the Boots become too tight and uncomfortable from the Air Expansion inside the Boots but it doesn't sound
like you will have that problem with the Boots beng a size larger.
Another thing is don't ever blow air in the valve because then moisture from your breath gets inside the liner layers.
I know it is fun to impress your friends blowing up the Boots like a Balloon but that isn't recommended.
The valve's purpose is too let the pressure out of the Boots when the Paratroopers were at High Altitude in the Plane.
Enjoy Your Mickey's
Bob

PS: I have had mine for 10 years......How many other boots last that long and how many liners did they have to buy
      after the felt gets crushed and is no longer any good for Insulating Your Feet.
Fish Safe For Your Loved Ones

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2010, 04:45 PM »
What I liked about the mickies is that they are definitely waterproof forever.  They kept my feet warm.

What I didn't like about the mickies is that they are way to heavy.  And they were hard to put on and take off.
That is why I haven't worn them for 30 years.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline DakotaKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 11, 2010, 01:05 PM »
Bought some mickey this year and love them! I don't even have to wear heavy socks, even when its 5 degrees out and my feet are toasty. Definitely worth the $35 that I paid for them off of ebay.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.