Author Topic: New to the area.  (Read 828 times)

Offline icehole5

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the area.
« on: Nov 24, 2010, 04:10 PM »
Hello anyone, hope that I can do as well here on the ice as I have done in other great parts of the country. I guess deerfield is the first spot to hit and then hows the Ice on the other big lakes? happy fishin to yall and will do all my reporting back to anyone that loves the Ice!!! :}
Tim  :}

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New to the area.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2010, 06:17 PM »
The other lakes shouldn't be far behind. Deerfield is alright, I've had better luck on Pactola. Perch I would say Sheridan and Stockade.

Where did you move in from? Military?
Anthony

Offline icehole5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Thanks for the info. No I am not millitary I have just been travlin around alot but just moved from N. Idaho and had alot of good water to fish. so I can't wait to get out on the ice here, glad its been cold in the hills.Thanks again    Tim

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Rooster is right, Sheridan and Stockade are the best spots. I'm starting at Stockade. It's 3 miles S.E. of Custer. I went on about Deerfield in the other thread because I thought it would ice up first. I didn't consider temperature inversions. When I went up there and drilled those holes it was 10 degrees warmer than Sheridan and sunny. Welcome to the area!!

You'll find our fisheries adequate enough to keep you from spending a ton of money traveling to fish. :tipup:

Offline icehole5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2010, 11:42 AM »
Thanks I do realy enjoy being close to the water and not spending all day drivin to get any where to get some iceholes!!! Will give stockade a try thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.