Author Topic: Sunday Dec 12th Iceshanty Get together.  (Read 2904 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Sunday Dec 12th Iceshanty Get together.
« on: Nov 23, 2010, 01:21 AM »
This is the day we will hold it. Looks like Eaglet lake. If there is slush I will come out a few days before and track it down to have some hard stuff. Fish-slayer tells me there is a solid 6 inches right now so with it -26 right now....there will be more ice on top of that.

It will run from 11 am till 2 pm. There will be many kids prizes. 10 coarse fish (peamouth, northern pikeminnow, suckers any size) gets you a ticket. After 2 pm, bring your fish in, they will be counted and tickets will be handed out. Then a draw will happen and if your ticket is called you get to come up and pick a prize off the table. One prize per child. Adults can help youngsters catch coarse fish to go in the youngsters total.

I will be in touch with CO's to be sure we are OK removing a mess of coarse fish out of Eaglet.

Dukes69 has offered to supply the hot dogs and buns. Tbone has offered to cook. Salmoncandy and I will be arranging prizes.

Remember to bring your fishing licences (Adults). Its our resource so please show respect by picking up your trash after leaving.

If anyone has any thoughts you can pm me or post here. Sorry about the date but Sunday seems to be the day that alot are not working. We had to pick one and go with it.

PLEASE CONFIRM BY POSTING HERE IF YOU CAN MAKE IT. So we know how much hot dogs and prizes.

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sunday Dec 12th Iceshanty Get together.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2010, 07:08 AM »
I will check with Rolf and there gang. Maybe we kin make it.
Will let you know closer to date

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2010, 10:22 AM »
Me and the 2 boys are in for sure,   I'll try to drag Hally and his dad along too

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:01 PM »
Me and the 2 boys are in for sure,   I'll try to drag Hally and his dad along too

I am totally in for this, my dad on the other hand, i not so kean and doesn't want to catch little peamouth, but he wants me to sign him up,  :-\  I will try my darndest to convince him!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:09 PM »
I am totally in for this, my dad on the other hand, i not so kean and doesn't want to catch little peamouth, but he wants me to sign him up,  :-\  I will try my darndest to convince him!

Tell him the smaller the fish the harder it is to catch ;) Ever try to catch a 2 inch minnow with a hook?

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:12 PM »
Tell him the smaller the fish the harder it is to catch ;) Ever try to catch a 2 inch minnow with a hook?

That is very much true, any old foool can catch a 10 lber, but a 1/2 ouncer, now thats a challenge! although i have done it, (only in open water though)

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2010, 10:21 PM »
nothin sayin he isnt allowed to catch a giant dollie or ling.

Offline fish-slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go big or go home.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2010, 10:28 PM »
I'll be there for sure. :icefish: :icefish: ;D
TEAM BC

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2010, 07:20 AM »
If it gets real cold for the 12th then we may decide to postpone it till later date. I'm getting some good suggestions for rules so this will be a work in progress.
Some changes so far: Kids will be 18 and under to collect a prize and you must collect your age in fish to get a ticket, ie: 4 year old need to catch 4 fish for a ticket, 8 fish gets you 2 tickets, But a 16 year old needs to catch 16 fish for one ticket, 32 fish for 2 tickets....
There will be an adult prize but not sure what the prize will be for. It will come to us on the day and will be announced. Might be the first adult who comes up to the microphone and sings a kids song to the crowd.

Iceshanty administrator has OKed this derby since it will not be for profit. Just for everyone to meet on ice and have a fun time enjoying this great sport.

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2010, 04:28 PM »
Can't make it on the 12th as I have my 4th year exam on the 13th and will be cramming all day  :'( but any day after the 17th is good for me.  ;D

Offline Rainbow Sniper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I got you in my cross-hairs
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2010, 12:07 PM »
I am pumped for the 12th and a going to beat ever one there like i beat my dad last year ;D
        Go ahead fishie........  "MAKE MY DAY"

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2010, 12:39 PM »
I am pumped for the 12th and a going to beat ever one there like i beat my dad last year ;D

What are you talking about son........    I dont recall that     :cookoo:

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2010, 11:46 PM »
Hey TGF. the wife talked to the plow guy and he said he promised to keep it cleared for the derby. I have a request from ICE Shanty. we will be getting some more new people again this year, if we has a flyer promoting Ice shanty..
Salmoncandy

Offline bossman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • im all about settin hooks
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2010, 08:20 AM »
hey Terry,i can probably make it to a get togather and meet afew more of the boys from the shanty.keep us posted if its a go or not..
Its all about the good times.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2010, 10:43 AM »
So far its a go. Weather forecast looks good. Except might snow some so hope we don't get much water on top of ice. If so gonna have to get a few to go out day before and sled over some areas.
Look forward to seeing you out there Bossman.

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2010, 08:07 AM »
Wife and I wont make er but me believes Rolf and the boys are coming

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:56 PM »
I've got my servin it right ticket but they pulled my liquor liscense :) I'd be happy to cook some dogs and coco! Hope to see everyone there...

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:06 PM »
no worries tbone,  most of the kids will be under age anyway..

Offline Cooey22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:01 AM »
Has anyone checked the ice?

I can show up early and drill hole if needed.
Power auger.

If large pots are needed I have some.

Let me know.
Don

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:52 AM »
Thanks for the offer Don but I think its covered. Gonna have a big pot on grill for Hot Chocolate.
Duke69 has provided all the hot dogs, fixings, and hot chocolate.  :bow: :bow:  They will be cooked on a BBQ by Tbone
I heard there was about 6-8 inches of snow on top of same amount of ice. A little water under snow. I might have to go out on Saturday and pound down an area.
 I will go out early on Sunday and drill about 100 holes so don't worry if some don't have an auger. Things seem to be coming together thanks to many members  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Just a reminder for all who are unsure of the regulations when fishing there. You can help your youngsters catch fish if you have a valid BC freshwater fishing lisence. Age 16 and older need a lisence to angle. So if you don't have a lisence you can still help your youngster BUT YOU CAN NOT REEL IN A FISH FOR THEM OR LIFT THEIR LINE OUT OF WATER BECAUSE TECHNICALLY YOU CAUGHT IT AND NOT THEM. I BELIEVE YOU CAN UNHOOK THE FISH FOR THEM WHEN ITS OUT OF THE WATER. Some CO's might be out to check lisences and make sure everyone is legal. They do monitor this site and are aware of the upcoming derby. So please come prepared as we wouldn't want to see anyone get a ticket.

Here is a link to the regulations: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1011/fish-synopsis_2010-11.pdf

Age 18 and under will be considered kids at the derby.
Good luck to all.

Offline Kstar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Hope everyone has a great time!! Have a few kiddie rods and prizes for the next round, the 4x4 on our truck is not working so we are unable to attend  >:(  Look forward to lots of pics and the peamouth population declining!  Is there any talk of another derby in January??
Casting flies, telling lies ;)

Offline Cooey22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Had a good time in the water and slush today.

Caught some fish and had some good laughs.

Great job to the organizers.
Thanks to all the people and business that donated goods for Prizes.

Don

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2010, 10:34 PM »
Despite the slushy conditions,  I think the day was very successful!  The weather was great. Folks showed up, with many kids,  and lots of smiles were seen claiming prizes as threy brought in a fish  ;)
      I want to thank those who made this possible.  First and formost TGF,  thanks buddie.  Your efforts were much appreciated.  Thanks to T-Bone for the food/drink and cooking,  Thanks to Fish Slayer for the effort to prepare the site. Thanks to all those who drummed up sponsor prizes and to those who pitched in to make the day happen (I dont know everyone who helped..so TGF, you can name more names) :)  Maybe a mention of our sponsors would be great  ;)2   :clap:
    Anyway   I got a bunch of pics that I will try to upload tomorrow.        Thanks again to everyone. The kids had a ball. 

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 12, 2010, 11:19 PM »
anybody else power vomiting hotdogs

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 13, 2010, 01:15 AM »
No power puking hot dogs here. Thanks for the dogs and fixings as well as the hot chocolate to Dukes69. Also had some prizes donated by members Holmes, Ise De Bye. Thanks guys, muchly appreciated.  Some movie passes were donated by Salmoncandys neighbour. I will be doing a formal sponsor post in the near future. Thanks to all who pitched in and helped out today. Fish-slayer helped by running his machine the night before to pack down an area. It kept some dry. He also helped out by helping the kids with some fish and provided the BBQ as well as wood with fire pit to keep everyone warm if they wanted. T-bone did a great job cooking the dogs and warming the hot chocolate. Ise De Bye provided table and burner. Salmoncandy came out early to help set up. Thats all that is coming to my head at this time but I'm a little tired so may mention others that I may have missed later.

A Big Thank You to all who helped to make this day possible. I know when I showed up and saw all the water on top of ice in places, I was a little worried. But there was some drier areas thanks to the packed down area. I had to cut the derby back by an hour because youngsters were getting cold wet feet. I think after drilling 60-70 holes I spooked alot of the peamouth off. Alot out there (including myself) couldn't believe we were not catching more. They really are more plentiful in that spot. Everything seemed to work out in the end.
It was fun seeing all the youngsters bringing in their fish and collecting their prize. I know a few out there who had never icefished before enjoying this great sport. They had a ball. Really nice to meet up with everyone out there.

Thanks for using your video taping expertise of the event Salmoncandy. Looking forward to it. Thanks also to ianwuzhere for the top quality princess laker rod.  ::) ::) ::)

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #26 on: Dec 13, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Heres a picture of a sucker- i think we all know him:

Big Thanks to Terry who behind the scenes spent lots of time preparing.
There could be a Laker category in the Tourney this year so ya always gotta be prepared with a hot new rod:

Hopefully there will be another get together soon!!!
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline FineLine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 13, 2010, 01:59 PM »
Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm sad I had to miss it.  :'(

Offline rolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2010, 09:34 AM »
the boys had fun. thanks to all involved. now i know where eaglet is i will not drive to purden lake.
Team BC (Northern Division)

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:33 AM »
TGF got a nice rod. wonder if it matches any of his clothes.
that lay might spook the fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.