Author Topic: cabellas snowy range pac boots  (Read 1999 times)

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
cabellas snowy range pac boots
« on: Nov 18, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Anybody have these and if so what's your thoughts?   They are half the price of extremes, but the only difference I can see is no removeable liner which doesn't matter much to me as they claim to be waterproof anyway.   What's your thoughts let me have em......   http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Casual-Shoes/Mens-Pac-Boots|/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104824080/i/103959180/Cabelas-Snowy-Range-1200-Boots-150-Brown/749502.uts
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
Re: cabellas snowy range pac boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2010, 05:57 PM »
i also am looking into boots for this season.....

ive got it narrowed down to some lacross 18" 1500 thinsulate.

i want full waterproof up to the knees as much as possible..with warmth...
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2010, 06:08 PM »
i also am looking into boots for this season.....

ive got it narrowed down to some lacross 18" 1500 thinsulate.

i want full waterproof up to the knees as much as possible..with warmth...

I just visited the lacrosse website and didn't find any heights higer than 12"   post a link would ya?

Never mind I found em. basically muck boots.  I'm really only interested in pac boots.  Have a pair of danner pronghorns for the last 7 years and they started to leak a lil last year, which I'm not happy about,  but hey whatta ya gonna do.  Buy a new pair I guess
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2010, 06:14 PM »
im not good with this link thing.....but here it goes..
http://www.muckbootsonline.com/LaCrosse_AlphaBurly_Sport_Insulated_Boots_p/lc200030.htm (ftp://http://www.muckbootsonline.com/LaCrosse_AlphaBurly_Sport_Insulated_Boots_p/lc200030.htm)
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2010, 06:18 PM »
im not good with this link thing.....but here it goes..
http://www.muckbootsonline.com/LaCrosse_AlphaBurly_Sport_Insulated_Boots_p/lc200030.htm (ftp://http://www.muckbootsonline.com/LaCrosse_AlphaBurly_Sport_Insulated_Boots_p/lc200030.htm)

Well look at you linking stuff, I'm proud of ya

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2010, 06:22 PM »
These have been my favorite boots:

Ranger Glacier Bays:

http://www.rangerboots.com/product_info.php?products_id=76

17” Forest Green double insulated pac
All-rubber, 100% waterproof, ozone-resistant, hand-made upper
Trac Tread™ outsole
Built-in 3/8” polymeric foam insulation in foot and ankle
Removable liner of polymeric foam wrap (total foam thickness ¾”)
Built-in 9mm felt midsole for additional warmth underfoot
Drawcord closure, woven nylon top cuff
Heel kick-off
Steel shank
Comfort Zone to -80˚ F
Men’s whole sizes 5-15

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2010, 06:34 PM »
:roflmao: :roflmao: His link doesn't work  ;)

Give the man a break, at least he tried......  Anyway  back on topic please.  Cabellas snowy range boots......

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:33 PM »
seriously, no one has a pair of the snowy range....  guess I'll have to get em and try em out.  I'm sorry $70 bucks in the pocket is $70  and believe you me they will be returned if they are not warm or water proof.  I think,  I still like the way the brown predators look, I guess we'll see

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2010, 10:54 PM »
Just remember guys that ordering boots on-line is not always your best bet. All companies have different styles and that means that they are all gonna fit different. Unless you are lucky to have a universal size foot.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2010, 09:38 AM »
Yes I have the snowy range boots 2nd year with them. They are totally waterproof ,warm and not very heavy. The only thing I dislike about them is in the back of the boot where the hard rubber meets the leather it rubs like heck and kills my ankle, even with wool socks on. For walking a lot it sucks. But not a bad boot for the price.
Yesterday I was still hunting I switched back to my lacrosse 10" 1,000gm. boots.. They are great boots..

Offline Mr_Jigster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2010, 01:41 PM »
I bought some Kamik boots last year through Cabelas.  Think they were the Greenbay4 or something like that.  They were great, plus assembled in the USA from Canada components  :thumbsup:.  I'd buy another pair in a minute. 

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2010, 02:31 PM »
 I bought a pair of the Predator Extremes last year because my feet are always cold! I couldn't believe how warm these boots kept my feet!  :) I had a couple gift certificates so they didn't cost me very much!
TEAM  PA.

Offline njangler121

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2010, 03:21 PM »
also looking for buts more for my son than me. he is on the small side . he is 14 with a size 8 shoe . any info would be great

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2010, 07:10 PM »
So i went to Mecca today.  I mean Cabellas.  Bought a pair of prdator ex's.  Man they our big.  Every time I look at them I hear crocodile Dundee in my head.  Those aren't boots, theeeeeese are Boots.   Anyway they seem really nice and when I asked about the warranty for water proof and workmanship they told me lifetime.  I was sold.  Now to put a few miles on the treadmill to "break" them in.  Tho they feel really comfortable out of the box.  Only thing I wish is they sold 1/2 sizes.  I bought tens because after wearing the 11's around in the store for 20 mins they started to slip the ankle a bit.  So I bought th 10's in hopes that they may give a lil bit once worn.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 25, 2010, 04:50 PM »
yes that is one great thing.. all cabela's brand products are lifetime warranty..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.