Author Topic: 2010-2011 Bucket List  (Read 985 times)

Offline KillBilly

• IceShanty Rookie
2010-2011 Bucket List
« on: Nov 16, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Lows of -22 this week so hopefully it won't be long.  I walked across the dugout at the farm on Thursday but by Sunday it had melted in the rain :(

Lakes im hoping to hit this winter

Swan
Snipe
Boot
Joker
Utikima
Sturgeon
Two Lakes

I'm sure there will be more but this will be a start :tipup:

Offline saskyangler

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2010-2011 Bucket List
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2010, 11:57 AM »
never heard of joker or boot. where are they located? what species of fish in them? i'm always interested in new places to try.

Offline jaystev

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 'morning sunshine!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2010, 02:04 PM »
Id like to check out lakeland provincial park this year now that i have a new sled ;D. im also looking for a 10+ lb pike ,some perch over a pound, and id also like to drop a line in cold lake for a laker..Oh and ive got tags to fill at pigeon lake....I wonder if the algae will cause problems with visibility this winter?

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Had the boat out for the last time a few weeks ago on Pigeon, water clarity was actually quite good considering the amount of algae it had this summer. 

Offline jaystev

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 'morning sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2010, 02:48 PM »
sweet i gave up fishing there this summer cause it was soo thick it grossed me out a little. I heard it actually killed off some whites hope the fishing is good this winter.

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2010, 02:52 PM »
Lots of whites floating in the summer, lots of REALLY BIG WHITES actually.  I fished it quite a few times this summer, and usually we caught more than enough to keep us coming back for more.  Definately making plans to hit it this winter...

Offline happyfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2010, 03:28 PM »
I got a 2 man shack on pigeon this year...ill be postin...as soon as someone hits hit...when it is thick enough let us know...im hopin 3 weeks?

;D
I promise to tell the trout,
the whole trout,and nothing but the trout,
so help me cod

Offline KillBilly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2010, 03:56 PM »
never heard of joker or boot. where are they located? what species of fish in them? i'm always interested in new places to try.

Boot is on the BC side out by Kelly Lake, brookies and rainbows.  Joker is east of Caddotte then north, lots of perch and little jack.  If you were to spend a weekend up there you could hit Haig and Sawn as well.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Now i really have to get out a map " KillBilly"

as I have not heard of any of those... looks like I have to get out more... LOL.. I take it,
they are out your way around G P.?

8)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline KillBilly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2010, 07:05 PM »
They are all up this way sort of, check out http://www.anglersatlas.com/ or Barry Mitchels Alberta Fishing Guide.  I only ever get to fish southern alberta in the summer when we visit family in the pass.

With BM's fishing bible, a rod and an auger its pretty easy to break up the day when your on the road 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.