The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Getting ready to work or a trial run for ice fishing?  (Read 1073 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Whipped up a batch of chorizo con huevos breakfast burritos this morning... green peppers, onion, bit of garlic. Tossed a slice of butcher thick-sliced bacon into the cast iron pan and sweated out the goodness - bacon grease rules! Then diced the bacon up real fine, added the green pepper, onion and chorizo and listened to the sweet sizzle of spicy hearty joy sing to me.

Filling: Toss tortilla into microwave to heat and soften up then the chorizo con huevos was ladled lovingly into the bottom center. 2 tbl salsa. A few dashes of chalupa sauce. Shredded monterrey and jack cheeses. Rolled and wrapped gently into a square of foil for transportation and heating later on the locomotive engine. :clap: :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
Re: Getting ready to work or a trial run for ice fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2010, 03:32 PM »
If your going to have a heart attack, might's well be on the ice with great food.
Thread killer

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2010, 04:18 PM »
If your going to have a heart attack, might's well be on the ice with great food.

I dunno if you want to go ice fishing with that for breakfast, your probably going to need a place to go a few times.   It sure does sound good though.
Don

Offline gulp

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2010, 07:38 PM »
I dont care what anyone said about you. If you warmed me up one of those on the ice we could become best buds easy. Crown Black lable after?
Take a kid fishing,they make great pack mules.
Put the big ones back for another day eat the small ones.

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2010, 12:01 AM »
Cap that with a cup of black coffee and I'm game.
Tu ne cede malis

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2010, 01:41 PM »
SIGN me up for a visit to your sahnty!!! ;D
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2010, 12:38 PM »
I dunno if you want to go ice fishing with that for breakfast, your probably going to need a place to go a few times.   It sure does sound good though.
I concur, makes me want to dump just reading it.
Thread killer

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2010, 01:11 PM »
LOL! Chorizo is just a mexican style sausage so no worries there!

getting ready to go to work this afternoon and rolled up some Western Scrambled Burritos! I'm telling they're easy to make, roll up in foil well, and keep nicely in the fridge for late night snacking, or freeze them up and thaw out later.

Tossed the cast iron grill over two burners, med heat. 2 slices thick bacon chopped and then sizzled down, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped green peppers, same with onion and sweat down. 6 lightly scrambled eggs are then slowly poured over the spread out fixin's so as not to run over the sides and onto Mrs G's glass top stove, and scrambled up. Take off and throw a handful or two of frozen hash browns on and finish them off.

Warm tortilla in microwave 10-15 secs (easier to roll and form), dab of Western Scramble, dab of hashbrowns, 2 tbl spoons salsa, dab of shredded cheese, and splash again with my favorite Cholula sauce. Roll and foil! Then eat the last one for all the hard work and clean up you'll need to do before the wifey comes home!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.