Author Topic: Hello ya'll  (Read 616 times)

Offline Menotyou

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello ya'll
« on: Nov 08, 2010, 05:08 PM »
I'm going to be asking, posting a lot of information in here. 

First Howdy to all da yoopers!

I plan on putting out a permanent house on the ice.  I'm located in Marquette, so local lake options for ice are Dear lake, Teal lake, and Dead River Basin ?

Feel free to post if I've missed a lake. 

Fish I'm looking for panfish, walleye, and maybe pike. 

Now to talk about my ice house, I've never built one before but I'll talk about some of my plans. 

width 6' length 8' or 9' height 8' or 9' and have it pitched down to like 7'

Base boards, 4x4's flooring with be made of osb plywood, walls i think 2x2's

Insulation, I have a ton of questions.  Like is it best to use foam? is it cheaper? Since foam is 1" thick should I worry about filling the gap before I put on a moisture barrier up and put the walls in on the inside?

I also really want to build a loft with in this house and have the rafters for it start at like 6' 4". 

I think I'm going to put wood heat in the house, the stove is a really small old crude coal stove. But it think it'll chase us out of the house if its full and the dampener is open all the way.  Question about that to what are the sleeves called for putting the stove pipe through the roof?

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hello ya'll
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Hi Menotyou, welcome to the Shanty. I'm sure guys here can help you, but I'd post in the Ice Shack Tips area too. Sure you'll get a lot of info there.

Offline smokepants

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hello ya'll
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2010, 05:20 AM »
Welcome,
I am in Marquette also.  I plan to do a lot more ice fishing this season.  There are a lot of lakes over in Gwinn that may have better fishing than the ones you listed.  I never had much luck in Teal, but guys fish it all the time.

Neil.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.