The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Suamico or Dykesville  (Read 939 times)

Offline GB Ice Stalker

• IceShanty Rookie
Suamico or Dykesville
« on: Oct 29, 2010, 08:28 PM »
I am building a hardside for the first time and I have a decision to make! I live just north of GB and I have fished both the east and the west sides of the bay. I am undecided if I should put it in Suamico near the mouth of the Suamico river or in Dykesville near Bayshore! Like I said I have fished both sides and had luck in both places at certain times. Any sort of advise on which side produces the most throughout the year would be appreciated! Right now if I were to decide I would probably go to Dykesville! Thanks in advance for all the input! :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
Re: Suamico or Dykesville
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Suamico is closer for you, and has pretty good fishing.

If you are going to put in at Dykesville, you may want to use Lipsky's or Red River.

Bayshore is way too steep.

The last couple of years the ice heaves have been pretty bad and close to shore around Dykesville.

Hope this helps,

Wiener

Offline GB Ice Stalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Thanks for the advise! I made a mistake on my original post about bayshore what I did mean to say was lipsky's! We fished there quite a bit last year and did real well with whitefish but not a whole lot else couple smaller eyes and a few perch. In suamico the last 2 years I did horrible maybe 2 dozen perch total over 2 years and about 10 times out! Just seems like a lot of people do well out there with perch! Thanks again

Offline Boris Yeltsin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2010, 01:00 PM »
How about Geano's Beach.  Haven't fished there in a few years, but from other reports I've read it sounds more productive than Suamico has been.
Were good and lost now...Ye have to be lost to find a place that can't be found,
Else everyone would know were it t'was... Capt. Barbosa

Offline GB Ice Stalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2010, 01:39 PM »
I fished there a couple times last year and quite a bit the year before. Did real well 2 years ago (perch) but last year not so well! It is a possibilty now that you mention it though. Maybe I will see how the early ice is before i decide to put in the hardside. I have pulled out quite a few large northern's (30"+) there. Always a blast to catch but I only keep the smaller ones to fry the top chunk of meat and pickle the rest. Thanks for the idea though! I will definately keep it in mind.

-Stalker-

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.