Author Topic: Favorite Ice Jigs  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Favorite Ice Jigs
« on: Oct 24, 2010, 11:00 AM »
Looking to add to my aresnal. What are your favorite jigs for panfish? Other species?
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline ice 45

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Favorite Ice Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2010, 11:08 AM »

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2010, 07:43 PM »
I really liked gill pills and diamond jigs last year. I actually just picked up about 20 more diamonds this weekend. Various colors and sizes. Firetiger worked good last year.

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2010, 06:09 PM »
I have never used gill pills, but the gill getter from Northland is basically the same thing, and it works wonders for me.
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2010, 09:41 PM »
Ya, I was looking at some of the gill getters but decided to go with the diamonds instead. I did pick up a couple of the bro bugs though. That will be pretty high up on my trial list. Definately want to get some of the new colors of diamonds I picked up in the water first though.

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2010, 05:38 PM »
hexi flys, mud bugs, gill getters etc.. you cant really go wrong with northland all different colors, my favorite is the grasshopper and woodtick in glow.

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Is it a keeepeerrr???"
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2010, 07:07 PM »
shrimpo's....in the blue glow flavor, they will catch anything!!

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2010, 07:10 PM »
I was looking at the shrimpo's. Ended up getting some Rat Finkee's though. Heard they worked really good so I picked up about a dozen in various sizes and colors. Still have some shopping to do so maybe I'll grab a few of those too  ;D.

Offline unkymer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigan's Upper Peninsula
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Big fan of the rat finkee myself. I use ssveral colors, but only as a starting point. From there I work through 30 years worth of jigs and spoons until I find one the fish like that day. I've always done better fishing with the ones fish like instead of the ones I like. ;D

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:55 PM »
I really like Fiskas because I like to fish small jigs (#14 or 16) and they're made of tungesten so they still sink fast, I'm also a big fan of diamond jigs

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Love rat finke paired with a maggot for finicky gills,, swedish pimples for perch

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2010, 05:45 AM »
I like the rat finkies too!   Green..white....pink or glow.   Green glow with a wax worm slays whitefish!  Also did good on gills for me last year.

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Perch pattern Hali jig, hands down.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:18 PM »
Ratsos and flu-flu jigs white and pink were the ticket last year ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.