Author Topic: Annual Ice Fishing Trip Suggestions?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Annual Ice Fishing Trip Suggestions?
« on: Oct 24, 2010, 09:57 AM »
A few buddies and I go on an annual ice fishing trip (3-4 days). He have been doing it for a few years and we are looking for a new place to try, so far we have done the following....

Lake Scugog
Lake Simcoe
Lake KASHAGAWIGAMOG
Bay of Quinte

We are open to suggestions, we want to travel a bit, but not crazy far.

Offline Bear58

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Annual Ice Fishing Trip Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2010, 03:14 PM »
What about Nippising, not too bad a drive, about 4 hours from my place ....Carleton Place to the South Shore ..... I can give you the name of a fantastic outfitter if you chose
OFAH ZONE F

Offline something smells fishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2010, 09:20 PM »
Try Lake KASHAGAWIGAMOG it was a nice lake , not  to many people  compaired to Simco / Nippissing. There is some  nice fish in that lake , We had a bad Operator but great fishing .

Offline johnnyb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on fish on fish on!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2010, 03:48 PM »
I guess it depends on your idea of "crazy far".  I will drive up to Temagami for a one-night stay...it's just awesome up there.  Worth waiting for the lakers to open though....unless you hit side lakes for them, and hit Temagami itself for the 'eyes.  Lots of good operators up there...fishing and scenery are fantastic.
Also, I'd look hard at Nosbonsing over Nippising....
Just curious...did you put K-mog in caps because it stands out?  I've heard good things...am tempted to give it a rip...
The harder the better!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2010, 04:02 PM »
No, I placed Kmog in caps because I had no idea how to spell it, so I had to cut and paste it from a site and it was in caps ( I was to lazy to change it)

We have been to Kmog twice, both time we had limited success and many issues with our rental (no running water the one year). It will be a bit before we return. We caught walleye, but they where all tiny (perch sized or smaller)

Offline hamiltonmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2010, 03:58 PM »
hmmmmm sounds like we went to the same place on kashagawigamog and had similar experiences.

are you guys looking for a place that rents hut and that sort of thing? or just a cottage with some good fishing?

we rent a  cottage on lake haliburton every new years for some early and we are within steps to great laker grounds.

if you can get a cottage on the lake near fort irwin marina you are golden.

pm me if you want some more info

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Thanx man, I will follow-up on that info, but we actually booked our rental last night. We are headed up to Purdy lake this year.

To answer your question, we mostly look for cottage rentals, we all have our own gear and huts, but it a cottage comes with a free hut rental we usually use that as home base.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.