Author Topic: Berkley Power Bait?  (Read 2482 times)

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Berkley Power Bait?
« on: Dec 08, 2004, 10:48 PM »
I always set two tip ups for Northerns and then jig for panfish using a small jig  or brass hook with a grub or a wax worm but at Fleet Farm today I noticed Berkley has a selection of small wax  worm-like power baits in various colors. Have any of you used these, what colors and so forth would you suggest? :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline trev.357

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Berkley Power Bait?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2004, 11:09 PM »
last year we got out fished by someone with those magot things 25 to 1 perch i got some but didn't have much luck

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2004, 06:14 AM »
I think you were looking at the Berkley powerbait honey worm. I've picked up a jar of red and natural color ones to try this winter. Here is a link to a $5 rebate if you buy two bags or jars of Power Bait! ------------>    http://www.purefishing.com/Promotions/8/Berkley%20Power%20Bait%20Rebate.PDF
Ken                                          

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2004, 07:39 AM »
Got a jar from last year & will probably have the same jar for the next twenty years. Can't beat the waxies. ;D
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2004, 12:22 PM »
Always stick with the real thing, it's way more effective. No artificial product is a suitable substitute for good old natural bait in my opinion.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2004, 02:18 PM »
Always stick with the real thing, it's way more effective. No artificial product is a suitable substitute for good old natural bait in my opinion.

Tyler
Diddo that
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2004, 06:35 PM »
Like it better than the real stuff, works as well or better for me and it keeps well.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2004, 06:38 PM »
That is the advantage of these baits, they are more durable and the often catch more fish per bait. With live bait you have to replace it usually. So if these baits are working just about as good for you for aggressive fish, stick with them. They do work or they wouldn't sell. But my experiences show the real thing outfishes these baits usually at least 3 to 1. But I fish a lot of fickle lakes that can be high pressured. If it's working just as good as live bait, why bother with livebait. I do enjoy fishing with just artificial lures when they are working as well or better than bait. Funner plus no hassle. But if I'm catching twice as many fish on bait as lures, I'll take bait everytime.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2004, 07:30 PM »
Actually it seems to work better on a really slow day. Fish will smack darn near anything when they are turned on. It could be that the heavily fished small lakes that I work has nearly everyone using the same color jig/bait combo on. Sometimes they need to see/smell/taste something different. Don't know why but it works for my situation. Love waxworms during the summer.

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2004, 10:53 PM »
Thanks  for the rebate form, will get a couple of bags and give it a go. Just love this site, good advice plus rebate forms. Who could ask for more. :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline Charman03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2004, 11:08 AM »
I got a jar for a gift one time.  Whenever I would run out of waxies I would have something to turn to.  They seemed to produce pretty good with the gills and not to mention those stupid rainbows, lol

Offline PERCH_INC.

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE LITTLE ONES BACK
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2004, 03:45 PM »
Used them last year worked quite well!! I got the one in a small bag.
MONSTER PERCH RULE ! !  

Offline crappiemaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2004, 03:49 PM »
They work.  I was out fishing with some buddys last year and killed the crappies with them.  My buddies didn't catch anything until i gave them some.  Chartreuse worked the best.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.