Author Topic: Shappell DX 3000  (Read 2732 times)

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
Shappell DX 3000
« on: Sep 24, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Anyone know what the new price is on one of these? I'm having a hard time finding it since stores aren't thinking about us ice fisherman quite yet :-\  Thanks

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Shappell DX 3000
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2010, 04:31 PM »
I had one i bought at meijers for $239 I got rid of it cause i wanted a flip-over cause my daughter doesn't go with me anymore. I really liked it though well built and nice fabric too! I see them now for $250 -$270 range. Used I seen them
from $150-$200. Good luck! ;D
Fish on!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2010, 07:51 PM »
$200 to $250 are the high and low ends that I have seen them. It is a great shack for the money, I still have one for a loaner. The dark fabric soaks up the sun and warms the shack significantly on a clear day.

Buy two extra roof poles right away for the sides. It keeps the wind from blowing the fabric in. Also, get some quality ice anchors. Jeff Gordon would not be able to catch you on glare ice in a good wind.

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2010, 08:55 PM »
Good advice if I decide to keep it. I'm getting it as part of a package from someone selling off their ice fishing stuff. I was trying to figure out what I could sell it for. The person I'm buying it from says they only used it twice, so it should be in almost brand new condition. Thanks guys.

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2010, 02:52 AM »
Buy two extra roof poles right away for the sides. It keeps the wind from blowing the fabric in. Also, get some quality ice anchors. Jeff Gordon would not be able to catch you on glare ice in a good wind.

No, but Tony Stewart could!  Sorry, had to.... ;D

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2010, 10:11 AM »
Love mine would buy it again

Offline VENT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2010, 04:39 AM »
http://tinypic.com/r/16jo4eo/7
  Bought mine at a local sporting goods store...they showed (2) 2000's in stock. when i got there, they only had a 3000 display model. told the manager i just drove all the way in there to buy what their website showed in stock. he sold me the 3000 for the price of the 2000. good deal!  glad a bought one

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2010, 08:22 AM »
VENT, how much did you end up paying for it do you remember? I'm trying to sell this 3000 I have, but haven't had any hits so far. Its only been posted a couple of days though. I might end up using it this winter if I can't sell it. I set it up to take some pictures and really like it.

Offline VENT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2010, 09:16 AM »
VENT, how much did you end up paying for it do you remember? I'm trying to sell this 3000 I have, but haven't had any hits so far. Its only been posted a couple of days though. I might end up using it this winter if I can't sell it. I set it up to take some pictures and really like it.
$199.48

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2010, 09:33 AM »
So that was the price of a 2000. Do you remember what they were asking for the 3000 by chance? Just trying to make sure I'm not asking too much for the 3000, which I'm not thinking I am. Might just need more time up there.

Offline VENT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2010, 12:06 PM »
So that was the price of a 2000. Do you remember what they were asking for the 3000 by chance? Just trying to make sure I'm not asking too much for the 3000, which I'm not thinking I am. Might just need more time up there.
i think at that time they wanted $259, or $269...i dont remember.

Offline razorsedge31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Hey Guys,

I've lurked here for awhile and now posting because I love this shelter. If you have little ones or you don't move around alot then this is a great shelter.

This is the best hut for the price I bought it. $150 and it sits on top of my sled that has been customized with skis. With all of my crap and the kids stuff, it just glides over the snow and ice...

I order extra poles from shapppell for the roof and the sides. It still flaps a bit in the wind but it is more stable then with out them. I 've had it in some major windstorms and the extra poles help out alot!!!

The next move is to a flip style. I want to be a little more mobile, but may just stay with what I have.

Thanks!

Offline ice_hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • PROUD MEMBER OF THE F.O.E.O.A.
« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2010, 01:08 AM »
Hey Guys,

I've lurked here for awhile and now posting because I love this shelter. If you have little ones or you don't move around alot then this is a great shelter.

This is the best hut for the price I bought it. $150 and it sits on top of my sled that has been customized with skis. With all of my crap and the kids stuff, it just glides over the snow and ice...

I order extra poles from shapppell for the roof and the sides. It still flaps a bit in the wind but it is more stable then with out them. I 've had it in some major windstorms and the extra poles help out alot!!!

The next move is to a flip style. I want to be a little more mobile, but may just stay with what I have.

im gonna be doing the same as you are razor.......moving up to a flip over for this season..........i got the DX4000 right now but its a pain to be mobile in.  so im picking up a rover 2.0 ( cant help it, im a shappell man...........michigan made by michigan workers)

Thanks!

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 23, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Thanks for the info Vent. Ya, I like the shanty when it is set up. There is quite a bit of space and would probably be better than my Trap if I could get my wife and daughter out there. But the wife has said repeatedly she is not interested in going and my daughter is still too young to fish with and handle out there by myself. So my more mobile Trap is what I'm probably sticking with. I'm going to be looking at getting a new flip over probably next year, and given how much I like the DX3000 I'll probably look at getting a Rover.

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2010, 09:03 PM »
I had a 3000dx, for my first hut,  and really liked it, but I too wanted to be more mobile, and so I have a new rover 1.5dx that I am anxious to get on the ice with ,, but the 3000dx is an excellent hut, I too had xtra poles to better stabilize during heavy winds, and it held up well ..... my  buddy jumped at the offer when i told him my 3000 was for sale...I have been happy with the shappell brand.. can't wait to get the 1.5 out ....Its  in my basement, and sometimes when i go down there, I find myself sitting in it...      cmon  winter................ .........

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 05, 2010, 02:55 PM »
I would love a 1 man like the rover. I have a Trap II that is a 2 man that I really like because of the space, but its pretty heavy and a pain to pull by yourself. I rarely fish with someone, so there isn't really a point in having a 2 person flip over. But given it was free I won't complain too much.

Offline smokepants

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2010, 03:49 AM »
Has anybody come across anyplace that sells the Rover 2.0 here in the U.P.?  (Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.