The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Who has touched their ice fishing equipment  (Read 4007 times)

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
Who has touched their ice fishing equipment
« on: Aug 24, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Ok  time to fess up  who has touched their ice fishing equipment in the last week with the cool weather..   This is the time of the year when all us hunters start to get swelling in our necks we run around rubbing the door casings  and organizing all of our hunting and fishing gear  so who has ????   I am Guilty,   I have also been organizing all my buddies ice fishing gear as he will be back from Afghanistan in mid December so want him to be all set.
OUR BAIT IS GAURENTEED TO CATCH FISH OR DIE TRYING :-)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Who has touched their ice fishing equipment
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I have been working on the equipment all summer. I find myself at the bench tying bucktails for my own box and trying to keep up with the orders!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2010, 12:52 PM »
That's really nice of you, Whipplebuck! I'll bet your buddy will be psyched to have his gear ready when he gets home!
What a change of venue...hot and sandy to cold and icy...he's gonna love it.

I have started my new auger several times in the last week! Plus I'm working on my little homemade sled...
oh, and practicing with the bow (whilst wearing doe-in-heat to keep the men rubbing door casings in my area interested  :laugh: )
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2010, 01:59 PM »
In a fit of organizational madness, I cleaned up my basement where I store some icefishing gear and fondled it, lovingly.  I put it in a place where I can see the tipup flags every time I work in my furniture shop.

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline Merv

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here....fishy.....fishy
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2010, 03:06 PM »
I have  :P  I charged my lx5 and started the auger the other day, pulled the sled down checked the tent to make sure it was ok and respooled the tip ups and jigin roads  ;D

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2010, 03:14 PM »
I confess!! I confess!! I pulled my shack up by the driveway to tinker with it. Clean it up and finish some things inside so I can start getting my gear ready and loaded and situated inside.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2010, 03:23 PM »
and practicing with the bow (whilst wearing doe-in-heat to keep the men rubbing door casings in my area interested  :laugh: )
Guinea, you naughty girl. All my traps and jig poles are ready to go. Won't have time once the fir flies in the woods.

Capt. Black

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2010, 06:35 AM »

I have started my new auger several times in the last week! Plus I'm working on my little homemade sled...
oh, and practicing with the bow (whilst wearing doe-in-heat to keep the men rubbing door casings in my area interested  :laugh: )
[/quote]

LMAO  oh that was a good one, my wife just gives me that weird look  like I need some kind of help or something ?
OUR BAIT IS GAURENTEED TO CATCH FISH OR DIE TRYING :-)

Offline DEADONDYLAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2010, 07:22 AM »
My wife and neighbors all think I'm nuts have voyager and 6800 set up in garage with my scout finished mods to scout and am now putting a luan (painted) sub floor and some outdoor carpet in the 6800. Planning some extended trips this winter and figure the mods to 6800 will save me some dough on hotel rooms ;)

Offline gould

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2010, 03:27 PM »
I guess I am guilty also thats why I am on hear to make sure I'm not the only one. I am charging my FL-18 now and just ordered a bunch of jigs and things  ;D Have to beat you guys or they will be on back order ;D.

Offline panfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Already planning mods for the shelter, and started on making some lures. Definitely ready for the hard water.

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Aug 29, 2010, 04:12 PM »
Spent a couple hours farting around with stuff last night.  Didn't cure me though, I might have to go downstairs tonight and do it again.

Offline natep24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I am so glad that i am not the only one.....  i went out to the shanty an cleaned the cobwebs out... in the next couple of weeks i will change the line on the jig sticks.... the only problem with working on the ice gear is that it has flared up my "jigginitis" ;D ;D HURRY UP HARD WATER!!!
Nate P
Firefighter/EMT

Offline addicted2fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2010, 12:25 PM »
my little rods have been taunting me for the past 5 months ! enough is enough. + the fact i got some much new equip i dont know how much longer i can wait
Dont be Skunked

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2010, 12:32 PM »
got my shappydx3000 out. popped her up to air it out a little. it needed it! got some tip ups out did a little sealing before it gets cold out. im pumped!

surflizard

« Reply #15 on: Sep 03, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Way to go Guinea, just a little dab behind the ear eh ?  :roflmao: Since my work trade for ice gear in June, I've managed to have something to do with getting ready for ice every few days ! Last night, I spooled up the new Daiwa 17 LC with 20lb Power Pro and now that's ready to go !

While I'm waitin for Earl to blow by, I organize the jigs into the new Plano boxes I got in the work trade. Pretty soon I'll set up the trail cams and start the Bambi killin Process. WAITIN, I HATE WAITIN !

Offline ImAJigginFool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I see 'em!!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 03, 2010, 02:31 PM »
I can't say that I've organized my ice fishing equipment yet or have gotten anything "ready", but I have made several purchases lately:  soft carry case for my H-bird 45, a Ready Rig back pack to carry all my gear (minus auger), and new lures and jigs.

The WORST day of fishing is ALWAYS better than the BEST day in the office.

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Sep 14, 2010, 09:54 AM »
I sat in my shack Sunday for 2 hours. Had the buddy heater on and drank a beer. If I'd had the new mantles with me I would have had the lantern on too(this is in the afternoon). My roommate came out so then there was 2. Then a buddy stopped by and then there was 3. We hung out inside of it having a couple of beers in my driveway. Hahahahaha!!!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Sep 14, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Who hasn't? Shame on them. LOL

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 14, 2010, 10:19 AM »
I have, more this summer than ever thanks to finding this site!  I have done at least some work on both my permanents and one of my portables.  I use some of my panfish tackle all year, so that's been actually used.  I've had my rods out, just looking at my inventory (spent enough money on them, I deserve to at least look at them!).  I've also plugged in my LX5 to keep the battery fresh.  I even tried on my Strikemaster suit with my new boots, wanted to make sure everything fit right (and hoping the wife didn't come home early and see me!).

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Sep 22, 2010, 06:34 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one who dose'nt toss em aside & forget about them till ponds are frove. Thought about getting some foam pipe insulation & attaching it to a tipup,then seeing if it will float. Not into swimming out to it for a flag though.Would be cool if it works though... Heeyyyy!!  I think i'm  onto something here.Dibs on the patten!!
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #21 on: Sep 22, 2010, 06:37 PM »
On sunday I started up the power auger and let it run a while... ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

surflizard

« Reply #22 on: Sep 22, 2010, 06:57 PM »
I fired up both the Jiffy and the Eskimo this afternoon, after swapping out all the summer gear and moving the ice gear closer to the door !  ;D

Offline cbice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Sep 22, 2010, 08:58 PM »
I just took the blades off my Jiffy to send in to get sharpened today.  I also put out some mouse traps in my storage area to keep them from chewing up my portable and everything else in there.  It's that time of year again when those little buggers start coming in.  A couple of days ago when I left for work I could see my breath for the first time.  Oh yeah, It's gonna be here before we know it.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Sep 22, 2010, 09:42 PM »
been playing with the gear... ;) ;D ....burppppp...soon... :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #25 on: Sep 22, 2010, 09:48 PM »
just was working on one of my portables tonite. my sis and i were catching sunfish out of the boat last week-end with ice poles, what a blast that was. its so much easier than a long ole pole when their biting like that.... had the show down sent in for the updates this fall. bought a scout off e-bay a m onth ago.......i can go on and on.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
« Reply #26 on: Oct 11, 2010, 11:11 AM »
I must confess I've thought of doing some prep work... but my thoughts have failed to turn into actions...  :-\

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline webster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Oct 11, 2010, 08:22 PM »
I have built a new shanty started both the jiffy and the strike master bought new tipups complained that my favorite tackle and baitshop does not have his icefishing stuff on the shelf yet (Ben) got two books on icefishing off ebay set up the shapell twice come on ice

Offline northern nightmare

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over i'll ice fish there too.
« Reply #28 on: Oct 23, 2010, 08:20 AM »
With a few weeks to go till rifle season I think I will be putting a new roof on the hillbilly hotel and maybe some siding. Cant wait to get it back out on the ice

Offline BrianV

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Oct 23, 2010, 08:59 AM »
Charged my flasher, and made a list of everything I want to get yet for this season:

1. (small) jig box, no more taking my summer tackle box with me.
2. Lindy Darters, Assorted Sizes
3. Jigging Raps, Assorted Sizes
4. New line (any recommendations?)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.