Author Topic: X67C questions  (Read 869 times)

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
X67C questions
« on: Jul 22, 2010, 01:25 PM »
I have a Ice 45 right now and it's worked pretty well for me but I'm thinking hard about getting a x67c. Before I jump in to a second flasher I have a couple of questions for you guys who have one. What is the cone angle, is it possible to switch between wide and narrow? How is the battery life? Maybe I'm too picky but it seems like should be able to pick out 2 jigs in fow 40"-48" apart horizontally when the transducer is in the left or right hole. My Ice 45 only seems to be able to read both jigs at 15-20 feet.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: X67C questions
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2010, 05:24 PM »
The transducer is a 20 degree cone, unless it's hidden somewhere, there's no switch for wide or narrow beam.  Battery power is good for at least 2 days.  Picking up the jigs 4 feet apart might not work in shallow water.  I don't know if you can retrofit a wider angle transducer.

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2010, 12:59 PM »
mine also has a 20 degree. works great.  Never have seen any wider than that 20.  But it will pick up 2 jigs with holes 40" as thats what my shack is spaced at.  If you sell that 45 my cousin needs one pm me.  ff
Getem caught

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:49 PM »
Fishfeind, if I get a x67c and I like it better I'll look you up on that one. So far my 45 has been pretty good. My only complaints are that it's a little noisy and the battery life could be better but I have a spare just in case now. Sometimes on colder days it gets close to running out by the end of the day. I haven't done a bunch of fishing deeper than 30' but I plan to doing more deep water laker fishing next season. I think the narrow 9 deg cone would be great there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.