Author Topic: Tricks to get portable in truck  (Read 3871 times)

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tricks to get portable in truck
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 02:41 PM »

Here it is!  Built for my ranger solo shack.   I put some reflectors on the back, because it does stick out a bit. I am going to update it this year with some lights.

surflizard

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 05:25 AM »
I bolted a shackle to the front wall of my box van and hung a break open pulley on it.I run my wheeler winch line to it and hook it to the drawbar on the front of my Frabil XLT and hit the magic button. I use my wheeler ramps to winch it in and to pull it out. I found some ramp chocks that bolt on the end of my 2x6 ramps so they don't slip off the van bed. It takes a couple of minutes longer to load and unload, but
after 25 years in the construction trades, my back is junk. Now I try to do things smarter, rather than harder ;D :icefish:

Offline bababooey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 01:37 PM »
Sven, do you do anything to keep your shack from getting full of slush and mud?  A cover can only do so much. 
Nice design though!

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 09:43 PM »
Hasn't been to much of an issue with slush, but I do get some. I have a jeep Cherokee, so it doesn't spray the slush on top, just against the bottom of the sled.  Just wipe it off with a rag.

Offline Relheok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swamp Yankee
« Reply #34 on: Jun 01, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Make a ramp and use a longer 10FT. rope to pull it up into the bed

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jun 01, 2010, 04:06 PM »
the jet sled has that slant on the front set it on your tailgateget behind it and push er in!!!!
I could do that-I have a portable and sometimes just use a sled.Trouble is I usually have an auger,Lowrance,plastic storage container,1or more buckets,plus..... in there so either I empty it out or it ends up being a major mess.That's why a ramp works when there's no one there to help.Maybe I just have too much 'stuff'?

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #36 on: Jun 01, 2010, 11:56 PM »
I could do that-I have a portable and sometimes just use a sled.Trouble is I usually have an auger,Lowrance,plastic storage container,1or more buckets,plus..... in there so either I empty it out or it ends up being a major mess.That's why a ramp works when there's no one there to help.Maybe I just have too much 'stuff'?
NEVER to much stuff! ;D Im going to try the ramp idea, emptying all my "stuff" is a pain and if that may help.Rope idea may help also, pull and push the same time should get it on the truck, If not then it may be to much stuff after all ;D Question is what do you leave at home? ???

Offline IceNomads

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GOT ICE!!
« Reply #37 on: Jun 02, 2010, 06:05 PM »
take a piece of plywood with some 1x2 or 1x3 on the sides as rails and fit it to your sled on your house and leave it in your truck and pull it out on the ground and leaned against the back of the truck and slide it on the plywood and push the plywood in.
 FISHIN' IS LIKE SEX, THE LESS YOU GET, THE MORE YOU LIE!!

Offline bababooey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jun 03, 2010, 11:32 AM »
Here ya go, I figured out the easiest way to load your gear!!!    ;D

Just get a pickup like this!  I bet when the tailgate is opened, it is almost on the ground.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.