Author Topic: george and forbes  (Read 1338 times)

Offline whiteshellman

• IceShanty Rookie
george and forbes
« on: Mar 24, 2010, 05:55 PM »
went to forbes on sunday and did very well. even pulled a couple big pike. we were fishing in 15 to 5 feet. talked to some guys on george and they did even better...

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: george and forbes
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2010, 06:45 PM »
went to forbes on sunday and did very well. even pulled a couple big pike. we were fishing in 15 to 5 feet. talked to some guys on george and they did even better...
If you don't mind me asking, where did you depart from, I assume it couldn't have been Point du Bois?

Offline mrhook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the net!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2010, 07:03 PM »
If you don't mind me asking, where did you depart from, I assume it couldn't have been Point du Bois?

X2!!!!  Maybe bannock point? How thick was the ice? Lots of slush??
" A fisherman is a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other!"

Offline Tenex

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2010, 07:55 AM »
you didn't happen to find a cell phone out on the ice did ya?
lol, left mine somewhere out there about 3 weeks ago.

When we were there we were fishing alot deeper. how big were the fish you were cathing?
most that we caught were between 12-18"
landed one nice one that was 23"

Allan

Offline whiteshellman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2010, 02:39 PM »
       We left from bannok point.

Offline whiteshellman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2010, 02:43 PM »
No slush at at all, could have skated across the lake until it warmed up in the p.m. Didnt find a phone sorry. All trout were around the 3 to 4 pound range..Might go back on saturday. Thanks

Offline mrhook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the net!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2010, 03:14 PM »
No slush at at all, could have skated across the lake until it warmed up in the p.m. Didnt find a phone sorry. All trout were around the 3 to 4 pound range..Might go back on saturday. Thanks

thanks for the update!!
" A fisherman is a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other!"

Offline canola101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2010, 04:53 PM »
Are you going by snowmobile or would quads be able to make it in?

Offline firemedic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Where is Bannok?? We went there a few weeks ago. We left from point and found slush and one plase looks like a quad went through the ice. We had a good day cought about 50 between 3 of us. We fished in 70ft of water and found them on the bottom.

Offline high on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2010, 10:05 PM »
bannock point road is just east of Nutimik lake close to pine point rapids hiking trail. We went in sunday as well its quad only as the trails already getting muddy in the pm. We only fished baguley though and caught a nice catch of perch and one nice rainbow. Guess I shouldve tried George in the pm from the sounds of it. Oh well shouldnt be to much longer till open water on George. Ice was only
16". No slush at all and judging by the weather this week it'll be fairgame this weekend still.

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2010, 10:13 AM »
bannock point road is just east of Nutimik lake close to pine point rapids hiking trail. We went in sunday as well its quad only as the trails already getting muddy in the pm. We only fished baguley though and caught a nice catch of perch and one nice rainbow. Guess I shouldve tried George in the pm from the sounds of it. Oh well shouldnt be to much longer till open water on George. Ice was only
16". No slush at all and judging by the weather this week it'll be fairgame this weekend still.
Have never went in from bannock point, how long is the trail by quad?

Offline high on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2010, 06:23 PM »
11km and shes a nasty bizatch once shes thawed!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.