The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Nils Master Auger  (Read 1519 times)

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
Nils Master Auger
« on: Dec 02, 2004, 09:31 PM »
I'm excited, I got one of the Nils off Ebay, they had about five that were demo units. They claimed they were only used a few times, they put a brand new auger on the powerhead, hand crank and full warrenty. I got it for $330, I think its a great deal, I hope is as good as the people who have them, say they are.

P Gottshall

Re: Nils Master Auger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2004, 04:06 PM »
Kenelz,

I got one of the five too, but paid $355 for mine.  One went for $376 I think.  Still a great price on that auger.  49F in IL today; hopefully I get to use it this winter. . .

Paul

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2004, 05:53 PM »
You guys are going to love your augers.  Break them with a good quality 2 cycle oil and go to Opti2 at 100:1.  You won't regret it!!  It can be used in all of your 2 cycle engines.  No smoke.  You can buy the Opti2 in pouches that mix 1 gal. or 2 gal. so that you always have fresh gas.  It contains a stabilizer.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2004, 06:54 PM »
Congrats guys.  ;D  I think you will be very happy. Do what bushbunny said, and also remember to let the auger do the cutting (don't lean on it).

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2004, 09:35 PM »
Thanks guys, I called Opti2, and found a supplier in my area, I will use it. I will ebay my Jiffy 30 10", they are going for more than I paid for mine quite a few years ago, so this wont be that expensive for a move up.
I am more looking at weight savings then anything. I am set up for hauling with the snow machine, but most the time I just pull by hand. I would just take the hand Lazer until the ice got to a foot, then packed the Jiffy. The Jiffy works great, starts on two pulls, but is heavy.

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2004, 09:19 AM »
I use the Nils hand auger and think that cuts easy. You'll be falling asleep using the powerhead - that is if the noise doesn't keep you awake LOL.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

P Gottshall

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2004, 08:05 PM »
My e-bay Nils showed up yesterday.  My wife took the boxes & put them under the Christmas tree. ???  Sup with that?

Paul

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2004, 06:32 AM »
Mine was just ordered yesterday, and is coming either Friday or Monday - now i just gotta get the $$ together - got rid of jiffy...pretty tough when i think about the thousands of holes i have drilled with that thing (the auger is almost as old as i am)...but it weighs half as much and cuts more than twice as fast - so i guess its not that hard.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.