Author Topic: Off season Vexilar care  (Read 1041 times)

Offline ADKbound

• IceShanty Rookie
Off season Vexilar care
« on: Mar 07, 2010, 08:38 AM »
Since most of my open water fishing is on streams and rivers in hip boots and waders my Vexilar will be getting a long rest until next winter. I was wondering what you guys do to keep your Vex's battery in good condition during the off season. The instruction manual claims it can be kept on the charger without any associated problems. Is that what your guys do? Or, do you store it and just take it out periodically during the off season and charge it for awhile?

Offline tomhnt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Off season Vexilar care
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2010, 09:36 AM »
I charge mine and put it away( closet shelf ), I try to put on charger every month,but probably more like every 2 months. going on 5 year and still workes great.

Regards,

Tom
just trying to whack a couple of walleyes

Offline nhbaitrunner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2010, 09:46 AM »
I have an X67 and when I pack everything away for the off season I give it a full charge first.  Then once in the summer and once in the fall then again as I head out onto the ice.  Third year on this battery no problems.

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2010, 01:17 PM »
Keep the battery charged up, But there isn't an off season for my Vex. i made a mount and use it in my Kayak all summer long. It's great to jig with my ice rod over the side and use the Vex. makes the soft water season a little more bareable.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2010, 03:58 PM »
My sonar is going on the boat  ;D bought the kit to put it on the trolling motor for walleye jigging and I'm going to use the portable battery so I dont have to hard wire it.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.