Author Topic: Byers Lake  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Byers Lake
« on: Mar 03, 2010, 12:17 AM »
Hey guys looking to make a three day trip out there next week.  School ends this Thurs so its time to get back on the hard water.  Just looking for some ice conditions and maybe a few pointers on what areas of the lake to fish.  Never been there before so any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Hope everyone is enjoying this nice warm sloppy weather.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
Re: Byers Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2010, 03:59 AM »
http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/Statewide/LakeData/index.cfm/FA/main.lakeDetail/LakeID/335

Cross reference the bathymetric map with Google Earth and set a few GPS coords in your unit as reference points on the lake for various depths. At least you will know what's under your feet for starters.  The hump between the two holes might be good for lakers.  With sockeye fry in the lake see if you can catch a few kokanee in the shallows and then fish a kokanee head on the bottom. Might get a laker or burbot.
~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Byers Lake
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2010, 12:01 PM »
If you fish the inlet I know they pick-up white fish there and you know what white fish mean...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.