Author Topic: What's the story  (Read 1668 times)

Offline fishing24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Beats the hell outa sittin home
What's the story
« on: Feb 26, 2010, 04:38 PM »
Hey all you guy's up northern CT. what's the story with the ice up there we in the southern half of the state have no good ice after all this rain could use some reports from up that way so i can get out a few more times thanks to all that post good luck and tight lines

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What's the story
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2010, 04:48 PM »
I will let you know as of tommorrow. Thats the best I can do. I was out last week in union and we had a solid 16". I would think it would be okay this weekend But like anything I would just use caution.
Let you know
No, I mean I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO FISH!!!

Offline Penn920

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Around Bristol area all the ponds have ice on them but the shoreline is gone to about 4 feet. So just travel with a plank and you will be good.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Bristol ain't very far north. ;)

The lakes in the NW hills should be good to go still. The edges around launches and other runoff areas might have taken some abuse though. At least in the Winsted area anyway. We had a good 13 or 14 inches on Winch Sunday. And those guys supposedly got snow earlier in the week before the rain yesterday.

I have to go out tomorrow for some chores. I can take a ride up the hill and see how Crystal looks, but we got hammered with mostly rain the past few days. So it may be ugly.

It ain't over, and I ain't done for 2 or 3 more weeks. Heck, I may be on the south end of Candy Sunday if it survived.

Offline fishing24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Beats the hell outa sittin home
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2010, 05:51 PM »
Trooper Bri you thinking of danbury cove hows the perch been there i'm not ctf but got invited to that outting while at the jig and pig but didn't make it but sure looked like alot of fun maybe next year i'll get another invite

Trooper Bri

« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Never fished Candy. Going to a friends outing, so I have no idea what the name of the cove is either. Looking to finally catch a smallie.

Offline Penn920

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Bristol ain't very far north. ;)

The lakes in the NW hills should be good to go still. The edges around launches and other runoff areas might have taken some abuse though. At least in the Winsted area anyway. We had a good 13 or 14 inches on Winch Sunday. And those guys supposedly got snow earlier in the week before the rain yesterday.

I have to go out tomorrow for some chores. I can take a ride up the hill and see how Crystal looks, but we got hammered with mostly rain the past few days. So it may be ugly.

It ain't over, and I ain't done for 2 or 3 more weeks. Heck, I may be on the south end of Candy Sunday if it survived.

As you go farther north the shoreline gets closer...  ;D

Trooper Bri

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2010, 08:50 PM »
Candy is definitely out. They raised the level today to compensate for the rain. Outing cancelled.

Drove by Crystal today. From the boat launch, it looks like a 2 ft hop onto the ice. There's a coating of some sort of snow on the ice, which gives away the wet spots from weak areas. Didn't see many of those, except along the shorelines.

Only saw one person fishing, and he was down off the beach. Drove by, but didn't stop and ask how much ice there was. I may just pack light and take a shot up there tomorrow.

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2010, 09:12 PM »
Candy is definitely out. They raised the level today to compensate for the rain. Outing cancelled.

Drove by Crystal today. From the boat launch, it looks like a 2 ft hop onto the ice. There's a coating of some sort of snow on the ice, which gives away the wet spots from weak areas. Didn't see many of those, except along the shorelines.

Only saw one person fishing, and he was down off the beach. Drove by, but didn't stop and ask how much ice there was. I may just pack light and take a shot up there tomorrow.

If you want I am going to try and get out on Breakneck If you want to join :tipup:

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2010, 06:06 AM »
was on black pond in woodstock yesterday with freshfish and hawk. we had 14" of ice. plenty of people on bigelow. ice is still good up here.

wt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.