Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: A sad yet funny story.  (Read 957 times)

Offline walleyewinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
A sad yet funny story.
« on: Feb 26, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Ok, a few days ago, i was out on Norwalk's lake and i happened to pull out a walleye! when i reached to grab it, it got loose!!  :( Then I tried to grab it........ BY DIVING INTO THE HOLE! My whole arm from hand to shoulder was soaked, and i missed the 15-19" fish.....  :'(                    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: A sad yet funny story.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2010, 11:04 AM »
thats always fun to do. the worse is when your buddy tries helping and loses the fish down the hole.

Offline kauffman_matt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2010, 08:26 PM »
I did the same thing last year.  Only difference is I was going after a cell phone.  I thought it was kind of funny.  My wife how ever didn't see the humor in it.

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2010, 09:22 PM »
Yeah isnt it funny.  Every time you have a fish come off at the hole and its one you would keep it shoots back down the hole like a bullet.  But whenever its a dink perch or gill they will sit there stunned and you practically have to push them back down the hole with your skimmer. Fin

Offline MelroseHawkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Summer fishing yrs back on the Missississsisiisisisis isippi with my buddy & brother-in-law.  My bud (avid fisherman) connects on a nice northern 10-12 lb range, & of course, my brother-in-law who doesn't fish much tries to land the fish because of his proximity in the boat.  Needless to say, he bifs it due to technique & hits the line or fish.  He felt pretty bad & my bud was not the happiest, but my brother-in-laws line to my bud is classic.

"Here you are trying to land this nice fish & I'm over here beating it off with the net".  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.