Author Topic: 1 cellphone and 631.2 mi. later!!!!!  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Juan bond

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The lakes are full of iceholes!
1 cellphone and 631.2 mi. later!!!!!
« on: Feb 24, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Wax Worm not only gave me the tip on the hot lake, he basically walked me too the hotspot via the old samsung, gave me tips on what jig to use, charging moon-glows, vex transducer set-up,,,,ect...... This trip was my most memorable to date and I pretty much owe it all to Wax! When he said they would bite, they did and it was Fast and Furious!!!!!!!! When the vex lit up top to bottom, you hooked a fish then frantically, unhooked and dropped it back down ,,,repeat process over and over. Monday night I had 8 crappies and 33 gills, tuesday morn I had 8 crappies and 13 gills, and Tuesday night I had 21 crappie and 13 gills! Wax said it would be like someone hit the "BITE SWITCH" and it was,,,almost like clock-work. The really hot bite only lasted 30 minutes or so, but man was it incredible. I ended up with a little over 9 lbs. of filleted bg and crappie, brought home a full gallon size freezer bag of fish and my in-laws are going to be eating a few fried fish dinners also.

Incredible trip and I thank you again Wax Worm!!!!

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 1 cellphone and 631.2 mi. later!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Wax Worm not only gave me the tip on the hot lake, he basically walked me too the hotspot via the old samsung, gave me tips on what jig to use, charging moon-glows, vex transducer set-up,,,,ect...... This trip was my most memorable to date and I pretty much owe it all to Wax! When he said they would bite, they did and it was Fast and Furious!!!!!!!! When the vex lit up top to bottom, you hooked a fish then frantically, unhooked and dropped it back down ,,,repeat process over and over. Monday night I had 8 crappies and 33 gills, tuesday morn I had 8 crappies and 13 gills, and Tuesday night I had 21 crappie and 13 gills! Wax said it would be like someone hit the "BITE SWITCH" and it was,,,almost like clock-work. The really hot bite only lasted 30 minutes or so, but man was it incredible. I ended up with a little over 9 lbs. of filleted bg and crappie, brought home a full gallon size freezer bag of fish and my in-laws are going to be eating a few fried fish dinners also.

Incredible trip and I thank you again Wax Worm!!!!

:clap: Nicely done Wax! And congrats Juan on a good trip up north!!!! Enjoy your bounty!

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2010, 03:43 PM »
Hats off to Wax and yourself, sounds like a BLAST 8)

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2010, 04:12 PM »
Way to go WAX!  That's one of the better things that could be found on this forum....new friends!  Juan bond, I know exactly how that bite is out there.  It was fast and furious out of 2 holes!!  Glad you had a good time up fishing!

Offline Flat Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2010, 04:27 PM »
According to some people on here no will help with info. Nicely done Wax ,and Congrats on your catch blue ultra. We all know how we are.
Lets go get em

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Wax,  I know you made one fisherman very happy. Could tell that by talking to him.

Juan,..........Looks like you have enough meat there to put a smile on your family's faces and some full belly's too.  Glad to see you had a safe trip back home.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2010, 04:56 PM »
This here is a prime example of what the site is all about, a stranger helping a stranger out.  If you play nice, contribute, and are appreciative the informational resources can be unlimited, not just the presentation tactics, but the actual location on the given lake.  The IceShany Brotherhood.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:02 PM »
   Nice job Wax!!!     
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline Indiana Icefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:23 PM »
Juan, I'm glad your trip up north went well. I went up there earlier with my son and had no luck at all. I'm going to have to try again. It gets frustrating enough to have bad luck at home, but when you travel for hours and have bad luck it gets real bad.

Good for you and for wax as well.

Offline Juan bond

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The lakes are full of iceholes!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2010, 06:19 PM »
This here is a prime example of what the site is all about, a stranger helping a stranger out.  If you play nice, contribute, and are appreciative the informational resources can be unlimited, not just the presentation tactics, but the actual location on the given lake.  The IceShany Brotherhood.

Awesome post crappie66! Our season down here is horrible,,,last year it was 5 days, this years 3.5 weeks total with the season ending on a body recovery on the very water I fished just days before :(  I know exactly what Indiana Icefisher is saying,,,It's very frustrating trying to find fish on unfamiliar waters, but it is still enjoyable also because you are out there doing it and not just thinking about it. I really feel I owe Wax something other than the endless "Thank you's, and "I really appreciate this",,,He'll tell you different, I'm sure, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You are always welcome at the Sorg Ranch Wax,,,,,,For our 5 day hardwater season or any open water! If I'm working when you want to come down,,,My camper and boat are yours for your use!

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2010, 07:00 PM »
kind of makes ya all warm and fuzzy-maybe that the gin nice one wax worm
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2010, 07:49 PM »
If you guys new waxie like I do you wouldn't be saying this.....LMAO!!!! :tipup: :roflmao: :afro:But I guess thats part of being Brother-in-laws......Kidding!!!!!!!!   UJA!!!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2010, 08:55 PM »
Thanks for the nice replies all......I am glad it all worked out.  It feels good to put someone coming from so far away on some fish.  To drive that far to find ice, shows a passion for the sport and there is no way I was not going to help him out.  I did not know for sure if they would bite like they did for slabgill, blueultra2 and I, but I had a good idea he would be successful.  Makes you feel good knowing you helped someone have a couple of the best fishing days of his life!  My only regret is not being able to actually go out there an fish with 'Juan Bond'.  I had to work and things just didn't work out for me to get out there with him.  There will be other chances.  If not this year...then next. 

As for slabgill, just ignore him!  LOL!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2010, 09:27 PM »
If you guys new waxie like I do you wouldn't be saying this.....LMAO!!!! :tipup: :roflmao: :afro:But I guess thats part of being Brother-in-laws......Kidding!!!!!!!!   UJA!!!
hmmmm...he said it was the wind rocking the shantie and he was talking to the crappie when he was yelling "suck it in dumb a$$...come on bro!!"  and the banjo music from the shantie!??? ???
maybe i'm just happy were fishing buddies...and i DON'T know him like you!! ;D

congrats on the good trip!!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline Moose416

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Take What You Need....Leave the Rest for Seed"
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2010, 09:34 PM »
wtg Ken !!!  I know you been hitting the lakes hard and glad Wax turned u on to a Hot Bite !!  Those are incrediable days and lasting memories!!!!  WTG Wax  ;)

Offline Gill Gitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good friends -- Great times
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25, 2010, 03:37 AM »
now wax i think blackbear would like the gps cords to that spot also ;) ;D ;D no congrats to juan bond on a great day of fishing and thanks wax for showing what this site is really about :clap:

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 25, 2010, 06:30 AM »
hmmmm...he said it was the wind rocking the shantie and he was talking to the crappie when he was yelling "suck it in dumb a$$...come on bro!!"  and the banjo music from the shantie!??? ???

[/
quote]

:o :o :o Thats funny!
Paul

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 25, 2010, 11:54 AM »

Hey now.....what goes on the shanty...stays in the shanty!!!  LMAO!!!!   :o :o :o

Offline baseliner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2010, 02:59 PM »
Great job Wax... sounds like you've made a lifetime pal w/ Juan.  Juan, I'm impressed w/ the dedication of making that drive. Congrats to both of you.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Great job Wax... sounds like you've made a lifetime pal w/ Juan.  Juan, I'm impressed w/ the dedication of making that drive. Congrats to both of you.

I will head back out there this weekend...maybe I will hook his phone and be able to return it to him!!!  LOL!  I feel bad that he lost his phone.  Driving that far was enough and then he lost his phone!!!!  That sucks.  I wondered why when I was calling him Tues morning why it was going right to voice mail!!At least he got on the fish!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:49 PM »
i'll have nate bring out his metal detector and do some looking..lost on ice or down a hole?  ..what was the name of that lake again.... ;D
see ya sat!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:55 PM »
i'll have nate bring out his metal detector and do some looking..lost on ice or down a hole?  ..what was the name of that lake again.... ;D
see ya sat!

Lost down a hole......metal detector is not going to do any good in 10-12 fow.....

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2010, 10:04 PM »
i'll have nate bring out his metal detector and do some looking..lost on ice or down a hole?  ..what was the name of that lake again.... ;D
see ya sat!

I'll tell ya if you pm me!   ;)2 :whistle:  Or you could call Jaun's phone or look for the GPS signal!!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Lost down a hole......metal detector is not going to do any good in 10-12 fow.....
so bring detector, kid and 15 ft of rope!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 26, 2010, 10:03 AM »
so bring detector, kid and 15 ft of rope!

Use it as a teaching lesson...show him how to get out if he ever falls thru after he retrieves the phone !!!  LOL!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.