Author Topic: Wallum Lake Update  (Read 867 times)

Offline microwelder77

• IceShanty Rookie
Wallum Lake Update
« on: Feb 12, 2010, 11:47 PM »
New to the board but really enjoy all the reports and information from all the members - no doubt a great group of guys.   After a 22 year layoff from ice fishing (and all fishing in general)...I am back at it and loving it more than ever.  Can't believe I left this great hobby (and my passion) for a wife who turned out to be less worthy than a bucket of 30 day old dead shiners....oh well...live and learn.  Enough BS...now for some fishing news...since I live in West Glocester and love to trout fish I figured I would give Wallum Lake a couple of try's since I always did well there back in the day (yes the 70's).  Last Sunday I fished directly in front of the Hospital for almost five hours without a single flag.  Despite the bright sunshine it was cold as hell and the wind was fierce.  I drilled multiple holes through 12 inches of ice and tried all my best old tricks...pinheads, grubs, velvetta, salmon eggs, jigging w/ swedish pimples, ect.,  NOTHING!!!  Not a single sign of life...and I was not alone...several other guys froze their ass off as well.  Thank God for some good food in the cooler and Budweiser.   My second attempt took place during our huge blizzard this past Wed.  This time I set-up on the MA side about a 1/4 mile out from the boat ramp.  Set my tilts deep (except for my Salmon tilt, which I only set a few feet under the ice)...unfortunately...sam e result.  Frozen rump and not a single flag.  Couldn't believe it.  I used to pull trout, bass and salmon out of here every outing years ago.  Same tilts, same techniques....regardle ss....it is still great to be back and I am loving it more than ever.  Keep up the good work all you guys and thanks for all the good information.  Look forward to seeing some of you guys out on the ice!  :)

Offline BASSMAN STANN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~~~ FLAG-UP ! ~~~
Re: Wallum Lake Update
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2010, 08:34 PM »
Welcome aboard........ ;D
~~~~     Otis the sled dog.    ~~~~

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.