Author Topic: Beach Pond  (Read 833 times)

Offline bensonn

• IceShanty Rookie
Beach Pond
« on: Feb 11, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Ive been thinking of trying out beach but never been. Any tips on were to go and what to use? I know theres pike and walleye stocked, just wondering where is best to fish that is walking distance from the RI shore. thanks

Offline pike master

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • let there be ice!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Beach Pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Never new there was pike in there ?

Offline bensonn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:33 PM »
I dont know about pike actual sorry, but i know both RI and CT stock it with walleye, crappie, trout and salmon or at least did. and it has the usual panfish, pickerel and stuff. just wondering were the best place to fish is

Offline miked

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • jack perch
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2010, 08:00 PM »
r.i.stocks trout their twice a year.conn stocks everything else ,walleye ,brood stock salmon andtrout.if you want a decent spot drive over the dam into conn.about a 1/2 mile or so take a right at the boat ramp sign go to the stop sign and bear to the left follow that winding road til you get to the ramp .go out to the left of the ramp a few hundred yards about a 150 or so yards from shore and you will see a rock pile fish about 100 yards  towards the narrow end of the pond watch out past the rock pile looking towards the dam  there is open water out there.
[img]

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:22 AM »
Yeah according to the information I have there is no Pike there either. (According to RI or CT records) Is however Rainbowns, Salmon, Browns, Walleye, and then the usuals. I do have a** old information that says the locals thought they were better biologists than the DEM/DEP and put some funky fish in there so there could be a few Pike as well.

Offline Eric Ferrazza

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2010, 12:13 PM »
No pike great pond for big fish if you want action fish the small side lots of pic and bass, big side not easy unless you are on them they school up and finding them is hard.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.