Author Topic: Mendums Pond - Barrington  (Read 4916 times)

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Mendums Pond - Barrington
« on: Feb 10, 2010, 06:21 PM »
would like to give mendums pond a shot. anyone been there?  i see there's a boat launch on UNH property.  is it atv friendly?  any areas i need to watch out for thin ice?

please PM me if you can help....thanks!!  :) :) :)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Mendums Pond - Barrington
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2010, 06:23 PM »
would like to give mendums pond a shot. anyone been there?  i see there's a boat launch on UNH property.  is it atv friendly?  any areas i need to watch out for thin ice?

please PM me if you can help....thanks!!  :) :) :)
give ayers a shot....i don't know about the parking however
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2010, 06:24 PM »
give ayers a shot....i don't know about the parking however

been there over a dozen times already...looking for something new-to-me  ;D

Offline swains

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Hi,
Kind of like Nippo, tough to get on. That launch by the dam was closed years ago. Rumor has it that kids were partying, cops came and chased them in woods,a few kids backtracked and drove the cruiser into the lake! Can't confirm this.  The launch is right of RT 4 and is gated and posted. I think you could walk in but doubtful about using an ATV. You could also park on Hall Rd. and talke the long walk down to the lake through the UNH Rec Area. I fished it once 5 years back and got skunked and thus never returned. If you go, let me know how you did.

Chris

Offline hermit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2010, 06:43 PM »
i think bow lake would be a better choice for bass.
better parking,lg and smallys!

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Hi,
Kind of like Nippo, tough to get on. That launch by the dam was closed years ago. Rumor has it that kids were partying, cops came and chased them in woods,a few kids backtracked and drove the cruiser into the lake! Can't confirm this.  The launch is right of RT 4 and is gated and posted. I think you could walk in but doubtful about using an ATV. You could also park on Hall Rd. and talke the long walk down to the lake through the UNH Rec Area. I fished it once 5 years back and got skunked and thus never returned. If you go, let me know how you did.

Chris

LOL that's a hell of a rumor  ;D ;D

hmmmmm...just looked in clark's guide and it says summer use only.  i'll call around in the next few days...

all set with bow lake...

major ice hole

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:36 PM »
I heard some place it was good crappie fishing. I have no idea on how to access it.

Offline stompa13i

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:44 PM »
I've looked and tried to get in there - don't think you can get there by quad.  Only by walking via the UNH property, and even there you can't park anywhere.
TP

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2010, 06:42 AM »
I took this off there web site for Mendums and UNH

Land Use Policy
University forestlands, grasslands, and waterways managed by the Office of Woodlands and Natural Areas are considered public land with open access to the general public. All legal recreational activities are generally allowed in such areas. Specific activities requiring written permits (e.g., trapping and hunting stands) are processed by a representative of the COLSA Dean's Office. Normal access, motorized and non-motorized vehicle access, parking, hunting, and animal damage are controlled on certain parcels. The Woodlands and Natural Areas Committee responds directly to specific concerns of land use policy including, but not limited to, trail expansion, group activities, specific permits, animal damage, and consumptive recreation including hunting, trapping and fishing

Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:07 AM »
thanks thumber

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.