Author Topic: Plow for the 4 Wheeler  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Catchthis44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Plow for the 4 Wheeler
« on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:00 AM »
Looking to put a plow on my 4 wheeler and was looking for some advice.  I have been looking at Dennis Kirk and there prices seem reasonable $446 for push tubes, frame mount and 42'' plow (not looking to get any bigger of a plow) ...any other online shops that you guys know of?   Also I was looking at the Moose plows since others dont carry plows for my 4 wheeler, 2000 LT-F 250.

Thanks

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Plow for the 4 Wheeler
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010, 11:22 AM »
that about what I paid for mine from the polaris dealer $500. but I got the 52 in blade, I wouldn't get any blade smaller than your quad is wide, helps get the tires to the ground for traction.

Offline rayman54

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:51 PM »
I have the 60" Moose County plow and its VERY well made, I did nock off one of the skid pucks in the ten years of use and they sent a replacement at no charge to my surprise.   Make sure ya' don't go too big, my machine is a Magnum 500 and I can move 15" of powder no problem but when it gets wet or crusty I wish I got a little narrower.  My buddy got the adjustable v-plow from Polaris and it really tears through the crusty stuff easy.
I can't remember what I paid for plow and mount but considering the crap I put it through Moose would be the first on my list if I should ever need a new one, all parts were of thicker material when I was looking at different brands.

RAYMAN54,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :icefish:

Offline crashx10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2010, 12:00 AM »
Had one of these Swisher plows before and it seemed heavier duty than the Warn I have on my Grizzly.  They are reasonably priced at TSC.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/vehicle-maintenance-accessories/atvs-utvs/atv-utv-attachments-accessories/swisher-atv-plow-blade-50-in-width-4400480

surflizard

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2010, 05:59 AM »
Rayman hit the nail right on the head!! I also have the Moose Up Country plow on my Polaris Xplorer 400 and IT A COCKER   :thumbsup:
The best part is giving the snow back to the plow guy on this return pass ;D The look on his face is priceless :roflmao:

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2010, 04:50 AM »
Got an American Eagle Gen11 for my Grizzly. It's a front mount...was very easy to install, and comes on/off in seconds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.