Author Topic: can any one suggest a few better spots on lesser slave  (Read 730 times)

Offline WorkToFish

• IceShanty Rookie
hi was wondering if anyone could help me find some white's and eyes on lesser slave went out once this year but had never fished the lake before so had min luck lots of luck in the river including one in the 7-8lb range but the lake is a lot harder to figure out so any help would be great

Offline lledra66

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Roush Fenway
Re: can any one suggest a few better spots on lesser slave
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:53 AM »
Assineau just a little west of the group of shanty's in about 25 + ft . Was out yesterday there is a good bite on at 3pm to about 6pm caught a lot of walleye seen white's on the aqu vu didn't try for them.
Jig and minnow.
Hope this helps .

Offline WorkToFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2010, 12:13 PM »
thanks it should last time i was there the two whites i had on both took minnows do you know how the ice road is out there im in a car but can hike if i need too. got stuck in the rough stuff last time spent half my day digging

Offline mistaya

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010, 12:23 PM »
We had great fun at Hilliards bay last febuary. Not been this year but we caught Walleye,Perch and whites in the same area. Go through the campground and the trail goes left on the lake for maybe a mile or so. If a storm comes up you might want to get out of there since it is kind of secluded. Thats our favorite area on slave. Hope this helps..

Offline lledra66

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Roush Fenway
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Depending on the winds and drifting  if you have front wheel drive shouldn't have to much of a problem . You could drive out as far as you need to and  then just a short walk.There is one guy that always walks out probally takes him 10 mins from shore.

Offline mistaya

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2010, 12:45 PM »
Sorry. Should of read more on your post. There is no way I would take a car into that spot. Too risky

Offline WorkToFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2010, 10:36 AM »
thanks again thats a good help maybe ill see ya out there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.