Author Topic: Here's the story  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
Here's the story
« on: Feb 07, 2010, 01:30 PM »
We got on ling lake at 9:30am and fished at a new spot. Me and Fish Advocate, my mom and dad, and my buddy Darren.  The weather was awesome I caught 2 ling about 1 1/2 lbs, 1 that was 2 lbs, 1 about 3 lbs and a 5 lber. My mom caught a 1 1/2 lber and my dad caught a 2 lber. Darren got a couple of bites but couldn't seal the deal. After Ise De By and Burbot Buster showed up and fished for about a 1/2 an hour, Burbot Buster caught a 8 lber! After they left Fish Advocate fished in Burbot Buster's hole and caught a 7 lber and then this 9 lber. All the fish under 5 lbs were throw back.

It was awesome an awesome time as my mom never has caught a ling through the ice before and my dad has never ice fished before. In 2 weeks hopefully will be staying at a cabin at Margret Lake for the weekend and catch some 40" ling.
See you on the ice!  :tipup: :icefish:

Offline FirstCast

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Here's the story
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Nice fish. 40" Burbot? You would be CodFather No wait, That Lady Luck you chill with just might be Cod Mother. HeHe. See ya on the ice someday.Keep those post comin Bill.

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2010, 11:31 PM »
Thats awesome !!    :thumbsup: :clap:     Too bad we had to get home.     While we were on ling lake,   Hally slayer was catchin fish back at our place    ;)      Did those other guys return after we left?   How late did you stay? 

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Thats awesome !!    :thumbsup: :clap:     Too bad we had to get home.     While we were on ling lake,   Hally slayer was catchin fish back at our place    ;)      Did those other guys return after we left?   How late did you stay? 
Those other guys never did come back and we stayed until about 5:30-6:00.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Beauty ling! good pix- almost forgot what they look like as i havent been out in a while.. :-\
Some good eats there!!!
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline dukes69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Thats a beauty way to go :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2012 Burbot 1st place
2015 Burbot 1st place
2016 Lake Trout 1st place
2017 Burbot 3rd place
2018 Lake Trout 3rd place

Offline bobby_boucher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Nice catches, I was in the group of other guys you talked about we moved down the lake and had a pretty good day with regards to action but nothing over 3 lbs. Would have like to pull out one of theose bigger ones for sure.

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2010, 05:55 PM »
Nice catches, I was in the group of other guys you talked about we moved down the lake and had a pretty good day with regards to action but nothing over 3 lbs. Would have like to pull out one of theose bigger ones for sure.

Right on. Are you the guy that caught a couple of small ling right beside us? Oh by the way welcome to the Shanty.

Offline bobby_boucher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2010, 08:16 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, yeah I was the one with all the luck that day, but my buddy was the one who caught the 3 lber down the other side of the lake. Everything was too small but a great c/r day of fishing for sure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.