The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone get any salmon lately Cowbanks, apple Island  (Read 1296 times)

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone get any salmon lately Cowbanks, apple Island
« on: Feb 07, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Wondering if anyone's having luck out there, haven't fished it for a couple years after I had holes filling up with dying alewives.  Hoping there's some getting caught out there, any reports good or bad welcome Thanks.  J

Offline new guy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone get any salmon lately Cowbanks, apple Island
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010, 03:47 PM »
fished it last week.there was another die off few weeks ago and you can see plenty of dead bait fish under the ice.no flags or anything.pretty dead

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2010, 02:10 PM »
fished it last week.there was another die off few weeks ago and you can see plenty of dead bait fish under the ice.no flags or anything.pretty dead
Thanks for the info, hopefully they all die wouldn't that be nice.  Good luck.

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Another year, another alewife dieoff.  That would explain the suck parade we had this weekend with few fish.  I thought they were hitting light for perch and now I think I know why--NOT HUNGRY!

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2010, 02:16 PM »
Another year, another alewife dieoff.  That would explain the suck parade we had this weekend with few fish.  I thought they were hitting light for perch and now I think I know why--NOT HUNGRY!
I hear you wasn't great on Waterbury either, but at least it wasn't because of those invasive @#$#@##

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2010, 02:22 PM »
I hear you wasn't great on Waterbury either, but at least it wasn't because of those invasive @#$#@##
I've fished Waterbury twice and been skunked both times.  Pretty sure there won't be a third time.  I go there because I have a buddy in Barre and it's a halfway point, but I think from now on he can come fish where we stand a chance of catching 'em (he got skunked also)

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2010, 02:28 PM »
I've fished Waterbury twice and been skunked both times.  Pretty sure there won't be a third time.  I go there because I have a buddy in Barre and it's a halfway point, but I think from now on he can come fish where we stand a chance of catching 'em (he got skunked also)
I've done well there up until last weekend, but other guys found my spot and have been fishing it daily.  I'm going to try a new spot on the reservoir I haven't seen people on next time. j

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.